Saturday, June 4, 2016

Vince Classic Poplin Button Up with Silk Contrast Monaco

So I mentioned in my last blog post that I ordered the Vince Classic Poplin Button Up with Silk Contrast in Monaco immediately after receiving the Block Striped Button Up, because I loved it so much and they are basically the same top in different colors.  And of course Vince ships from LA, they pack them up super fast and I always get my order delivered the very next day!  So I already received the new top yesterday and I am so happy!





I got this one in size 4 instead of 2, because size 4 is the only size left (Barneys has more sizes here).  Also because I did wish the chest/shoulder area of the size 2 I got earlier was a tiny bit looser.  It turns out, size 4 is perfect!  The body and length are not very different at all from the size 2.  But the shoulder/chest has that tiny bit of room I was looking for.  I'm super happy with it!  Too bad sale items are final sale, otherwise I'd exchange the other one for a size 4 as well.  But as it stands now, it's still 99% perfect lol.  I would say, the size 2 and size 4 difference is very very small.  Of course, sometimes a little bit of difference is all you need.  

Soooo here it is on me!  I am wearing it with a skirt to show a different look.  I think this top looks great with either pants/jeans, or skirts.





The color Monaco blue is exactly what I had imagined based on the web photos.  I really like it.  It is a color that will go with pretty much anything.



The sleeves and bottom layer contrast section are made of silk in this top as well.  The top layer is cotton.  Although the top is all just one solid color, the material difference makes the color look slightly different.  A bit lighter in the silk material vs. cotton as you can see below.




The color difference is especially pronounced since I'm wearing a white skirt, so the silk portion that overlays the skirt looks even lighter.  If I wore a dark colored bottom, the silk portion would look darker and closer to the cotton portion.



Anyway, as the risk of sounding like a broken record, I just love this top so much!  Both of these are great.  I am almost thinking of ordering another striped one in size 4 just so that I can have a back up lol.  Again, the marked down price now is pretty much as low as Vince blouses get.  And you can google for a 20% discount code which works on top of the sales price!  They offer free shipping, so it all comes to under $100 after tax.  =)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...