Monday, February 29, 2016

Short Sunday Funday!

Well this post will be short since I only have 2 days of outfits.  I had big plans to hit the gym hard, but after day one, I managed to hurt my back from deadlifts again.  I think I'm done with this particular exercise.  At least the traditional kind.  I don't seem to have problems with American deadlifts.  I don't know why, but the first time that I deadlift after not doing them for a while nearly always hurts my back badly.  I've had my form checked out by different trainers, and I've read all about what you are supposed to do.  I've even video taped myself doing it before.  So I don't think it's my form that is hurting me.  I also don't think it's because I'm using too much weight, because at the time I'm doing the exercise, I don't feel like it's too heavy at all.  I think maybe this exercise just doesn't agree with me lol.  And when my back is hurt, I literally can't do anything else.  I was having trouble even getting up from a chair earlier this week.  So, I've finally decided that it's not worth it to continue doing this exercise when the risk/reward doesn't pan out.  

Towards the end of the week, I have pretty much recovered 90%.  So that's the good news.  But I decided at the last minute to go to Vegas for the weekend.  Plane tickets were super cheap ($120 round trip!) and hotels were really cheap too so why not.  Hahaha.  Stayed at Aria this time, and it was nicer than I remembered.  It's interesting though, that within 2 weeks, I went from a conservative Muslim country to sin city.  Vegas is definitely a completely different scene.  For some reason, I saw way more scantily clad girls this time than I normally do in Vegas!

Anyway, just flew back in tonight and I am getting a bit tired!  So I will just quickly post this and hit the sacks.  Even though I only have 2 outfits this week, they both are super matchy matchy so that's something different for me.  =)  

Tuesday 2/23
What I did:  I continued Get Glutes month 15 from where I left off last week, which was strength #4 of the first week, and the first exercise was deadlifts.  After that, I did about 20 minutes on the gauntlet.

What I wore:  
Top:  Splits59 Devon II Singlette in everest
Bra:  Lululemon Free To Be in laceoflage
Shoes:  Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 in venom/turbo green





To and From:  Lululemon Define Jacket in savasana camo fatigue green




Wednesday 2/24  - Rest

Thursday 2/25 - Rest

Friday 2/26
What I did:  Back to Strength #1 of Month 15, followed by 20 minutes on the treadmill.

What I wore:
Top:  Lorna Jane Sunrise Tank
Shoes:  Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 in venom purple





To and From:  Lululemon Be Present Jacket in coco pique




Well that's it for this week!  Hopefully it all goes smoothly next week and I'll be able to post more.  Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...