Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Ray-Ban Aviator Lilac Mirror Lenses

I've been a fan of Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses for years.  I used to own 3 pairs but my ex stole 2 (they are unisex).  So for the longest time I've been wearing my only pair which are the gold ones.  As much as I love them, I thought it was about time to add a different color to the rotation!  I was actually trying on tons of different sunglasses for fun a couple weeks ago at Nordstrom, and I fell in love with the Ray-Ban Aviators in Lilac Mirror.  I tried on so many different lens colors, and believe me the lilac ones were not my first choice.  But that's why you gotta try them on!  What I thought looked very cool (bluish green lenses) were actually not cute on me at all.  Lilac was the only color I liked on me, which was very unexpected.  Even the slightly darker purple lenses were not nearly as cute.




I almost bought them right away, but then I decided to check and see if I could find them on sale somewhere else first.  Well, a couple days later, Ray-Ban happened to be on ideel, and they had these exact ones I wanted!  Instead of $170, I got them for $99.  Woohoo!

I got them in 58mm, which is the medium size of the Ray-Ban classic aviators.  I have tried on 55mm (small) and 62mm (large) and those don't work for me.  58mm is definitely my size.



As you can see, the mirror effect on the lenses is pretty cool.  When you are wearing them, nobody can see your eyes at all.  Your view of the world is also different behind these lenses.  This is what the description on the Ray-Ban website says about these lenses:

Mirror lenses act like a one-way mirror. They are made of a lens covered by mirror coating of a given color.  The mirror coating decreases the amount of light passing through these lenses making them ideal for sunny days.


So here they are on me!  I actually just got ash blond balayage highlights done on my hair.  But when I had my dark dark hair, it still looked good with this lens color!  


See the reflection of my arm and phone (and everything else in the background) on the lenses!  Haha... they work great as mirrors for your friends!  =P  They are also very light and comfortable to wear.  I think they are even lighter than my few-years-old gold ones.  The frame seems to be softer and more flexible.

It's so nice to have multiple pairs of sunglasses again!  I don't know what I was thinking waiting so long lol.  Now I can have a pair in my car and a pair in my purse!  Though I've been wearing these everywhere.  I love them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...