Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday Funday!

As I mentioned last week, I have decided to try taking a week off for every 4 weeks of weight lifting, and see if it helps my progress.  So as of last Sunday, I concluded my 4th week of Get Glutes month 10 workouts.  Therefore this entire week I have been doing different workouts.  I really enjoy switching things up, actually!  As much as I love weight lifting, it does get kind of monotonous at times.  It's nice to take a physical as well as mental break.  This week I have done so many different workouts that I don't normally have time to do when I follow my weight lifting program (unless I'm willing to go to the gym twice a day).  Plus, my bf has been in Europe for work meetings all week so I was also eating better lol.  You know how it's so easy to "cheat" when you live with someone else, who is like "let's go get burgers for dinner".  And you're like "I really should be cooking the chicken breast in the fridge but I'm lazy and burger sounds better".  Haha... but it's all about balance at the end of the day.  I used to be super strict with what I put in my mouth, but I've gotten past that.  Sure I am not as lean as I was when I watched and weighed everything I ate.  But now I just think it's more important to enjoy the good things in life in moderation.

Monday 8/24
What I did:  I did interval training on the treadmill for about 45 minutes.

What I wore:
Top:  Splits59 Sabrina Fighter Tank
Bottom:  Lululemon Ebb & Flow crop in black
Shoes:  HKNB 420 Sneakers




To and From:  Nike Epic crew in magenta





Tuesday 8/25
What I did:  Spin class

What I wore:
Top:  Splits59 Devon Singlette in everest
Shoes:  Nike Dunk Sky Hi wedge sneakers (obviously wore my spin shoes in class)




Wednesday 8/26
What I did:  Took a kettlebell class!

What I wore:  
Shoes:  Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 in ash










Thursday 8/27 - Rest day

Friday 8/28
What I did:  Yoga class

What I wore:  
Shoes:  Nike Free 3.0 in gray/crimson





To and From:  Lorna Jane Danni vest





Saturday 8/29
What I did:  Boxing class

What I wore
Bottom:  Lululemon Run For Fun crop in paisley embossed
Shoes:  Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 in ash





Sunday 8/30 - Rest.  I was going to go take my favorite spin class today, but I am SO sore from the boxing class yesterday!  It was the first boxing class I've taken in quite a while, and boxing is such a tough workout.  My entire back is super sore.  I need to take boxing more often!  It hits muscles that don't normally get worked on.

So, next week I will be getting back into weight lifting!  Will start month 11 workouts from Get Glutes.  The week off from weights makes me more excited to start it again.  I think taking breaks is all around a good idea!




4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a smart regimen. Totally identify with food cheating when your SO is around! I checked out LJ in Santa Monica on vacation last week in part because you have so many nice things from them, but not one bra worked for me. I came away with a black mesh shirt that I wasn't expecting though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww what was the problem with the bras? I LOVE their bras! Most of them work for me. I love the push up look since I need help in that department lol. Glad you found a tank though! Which one was it?

      Delete
    2. It's called the fleur silv excel top in black. Looks much more flattering on than I expected. Unfortunately, none of the bras were supportive enough for me. I usually have the issue where the band is too loose if the cup area fits, and LJ was no exception! Can't wear any of the lulu bras either. Oh well. Thanks for sharing your pairing ideas and reviews!

      Delete
    3. Ahhh... that is an issue I don't have lol. Sucks for bra shopping though! The tank looks cute! I haven't looked at LJ in a while. Maybe I should make an order soon! =P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...