Friday, May 29, 2015

Theory Shirt & J Brand Jeans

A while ago, I bought the Theory Listree Sag Harbor shirt and J Brand Maria high rise jeans in varnished steel from Ruelala.  I haven't had a chance to write about them until now!  These J Brand jeans are actually my second pair of Maria high rise jeans (first pair here).  Even though high rise is not all that sexy, but I really like how they stay up so well lol.  Besides, my tops would cover the top of the jeans anyway so no one would ever know if I'm wearing high rise or low rise.  

Here they are worn with my Vince Camuto Norita pump (which are on sale now!  Highly recommend!!) in bittersweet grapefruit.





I don't know why I got the Theory top in size P instead of S!  But I wish I had ordered S.  I feel like the P is just a tad short.  Not a complete deal breaker, but I would love it more if it was a size up.  I love how it looks on the Bloomingdale's model:



Sigh... it's a cute top too!  Linen material... I was thinking it could work as something to wear under a suit jacket to work, or as a casual top.  I think I can still make it work... maybe I'll wash it and then stretch it while it's wet lol.  I just need like an inch!



The J Brand Maria jeans are size 27, which are a little too big, just like the other Maria jeans that I have already.  I didn't want to order a size down because I was afraid my other pair was a fluke and size 26 would have been too small.  But I was wrong again lol.  Both these items were deeply discounted (about $40 each) so they are not returnable.

While I wish the jeans were smaller, I think it's better to be a bit loose than a bit too tight anyway.  This work fine, I'll just wear a belt!

The "varnished steel" color is pretty interesting.  It's a dark charcoal kind of color with a bit of sheen.  It's actually very cool, but very hard to capture on camera.



Super high rise!





When I was searching for these jeans online, I noticed that each retailer's picture looks different from the next.  So I'm not the only one who had trouble capturing the color!  Here they are from:

J Brand's website - probably most true to real life under most lighting conditions:



Bloomingdales - They must have taken this under bright lighting so you can see the sheen in the fabric:


Neiman Marcus - somewhere in the middle:





Anyway, this color goes with pretty much everything.  So I'm happy to add it to my collection!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...