Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sunday Funday!

Wow I'm tired!  I spent all weekend apartment hunting.  I think I found the perfect place today!  But I don't want to say too much yet and jinx it.  So let's just say I'll be pretty stoked if I end up living there.  Looking for a place to live is such an exhausting thing to do though.  When I was buying a place a few years ago, I looked at soooo many properties for months.  Even put in a few offers which fell through before I finally found the condo I ended up buying.  Renting is a lot simpler, but it's still tough to find a place you are absolutely happy with.  I really hope my search is over lol.  Don't want to do this again next weekend!

For the first 4 days of this week, I decided to do the same "cleanse" that I did 2 years ago.  You can click on the link for the full description, but it's basically a real food cleanse instead of juicing.  It's very low cal, probably too low to be honest.  But I felt that I had been eating too much junk lately and needed a break.  While I'm not an advocate of eating low cal/low carb in general, I do think a few days of doing so is not going to cause permanent damage to my metabolism.  I hope not, at least lol.  I actually feel way way better after doing this.  I lost so much bloat - in fact I lost 5 lbs in the first 3 days!  I have been eating my regular food (minus the junk) since then, and haven't even gained any weight back.  I also noticed that the overall loss of bloat had an immediate effect on my appearance.  I can now see certain muscle definitions that I didn't know I had.  It's kind of exciting because I thought all this time I have been trying to build muscles with no real visible progress!  Didn't know they were just hiding... lol!

I think this week was also kind of a reset button for me, as I no longer feel like eating any sweets or fried/unhealthy foods since the cleanse.  First 2 days were really tough though.  I felt like I was going to faint at some point, no joke!  But strangely, days 3 and 4 were such a breeze.  I also went to the gym everyday and did my regular workouts.  I did notice that my lifting strength was affected by the significant cut in calories.  But overall I had no problems completing all my workouts, and then some.

Monday 2/2
What I did:  I did my strength 1 workout.  This is week 2 of month 4 of Get Glutes!

What I wore:  Lorna Jane Heather tank with Lorna Jane Somersault bra under.  Lululemon wunder under crop in animal swirl, and Nike Free 3.0s.



I realized after I got to the gym that this tank/bra combo was not the best lol.  Oh well.


As to/from, I wore the Splits59 Viper Dismount pullover:


Tuesday 2/3
What I did:  I took a conditioning class and then ran for like 15-20 min.





Lululemon Snug Sprinter jacket in heathered slate/dream rose as to and from:




Wednesday 2/4
What I did:  Strength 2 workout.

What I wore:  Lorna Jane Replay excel tank with Lululemon white free to be bra under.  New Zobha Tummy Slimming capri and Nike Free 3.0s.  Geometric print on geometric print!!  Hehe.




Close up of the geometric on geometric action lol:



As to and from, I wore the Lululemon swiftly LS in laceoflage:




I haven't shared a work outfit in a while!  Nothing exciting here, I guess.  Haha.  This is the type of stuff I always wear to work:  Ann Taylor faux leather trim crepe blouse in navy with Ann Taylor icicle tweed skirt and Casadei almond toe pumps in navy patent.  




Thursday 2/5
What I did:  I did an moderate intensity treadmill walk on 15% incline for 30 minutes, then I took a conditioning class.





Lululemon swiftly LS in fresh teal/very green as to and from:




Friday 2/6 - Rest day

Saturday 2/7 - Rest day

Sunday 2/8
What I did:  The 3rd strength training session!






I wore the Nike Epic crew in deep night as to and from - I didn't realize it was the exact same shade of blue as Lululemon's wish blue!





To prove that I no longer feel like having unhealthy food, this was my brunch from today!  It's avocado toast with prosciutto, green olives and a soft cooked egg.  It was SO good!  Perfect amount of food as well (I also had a latte).  This was at The Tavern in Brentwood.  I was inspired by this dish and I think I can easily reproduce it at home.  Great idea!



As usual, the weekend is too short!  It feels even shorter this time, since I barely had any time to relax.  Not ready for another work week yet!  Luckily next weekend will be a long weekend!

Hope you all had a good one!






Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...