Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday Funday!

Since this week was the first week of January, I was afraid my gym would be super crowded with the resolutionists!  But to my surprise, it was actually emptier than usual.  I normally get to the gym between 5 and 5:30 am (nowadays closer to 5:30 am since my workouts are shorter), so I didn't expect it to be a huge change.  But usually by the time I'm showering and getting dressed, the locker room would be filled with people coming in or getting ready at the same time.  But even the locker room remained relative empty this week.  So I'm hopeful that this will be the case going forward!  But who knows, maybe people are starting their resolutions next week lol.  I don't really understand this resolution thing.  I think it's good to set goals, and I do try to think of some goals that I want to achieve.  But when I want to do something (like go workout?!), I usually just do it right away instead of waiting for an arbitrary date.

The cold weather here has definitely kept people at home.  It's so funny that our "cold weather" is like 60 degrees high, and maybe 45ish in the early morning when I hit the gym.  But even one of the most devoted members at my gym told me that it had been too cold for him to get out of bed so he took the entire last week off.  One of my coworkers also very seriously told me that his teeth were chattering from walking into work, and he needed a fur coat to stay warm.  Lol.  I'm glad I'm not as bad as these guys.  But I do have to give props to those of you who live in the REAL cold!  I don't know how you manage to get out of the house, and even workout outdoors!  That's craziness to me!

I have now completed the second week of month 3 of Get Glutes.  I actually find this month's workouts to be the easiest of the 3 months so far.  It's interesting that they are throwing in a lot more bodyweight exercises instead of heavier weighted ones.  I think it's good to mix things up though.  But it's probably why I don't feel they are very hard.  They just work the body in a different way.  Although this week started off with my hamstrings still being hurt from last week, and I had to take it easier in the beginning.  But I was able to complete all of my prescribed sessions in the program, plus an extra one!  This was probably the longest recovery time I had needed in a while.  I think it took exactly a week, so I didn't start feeling 100% until mid-way through this week.  Yikes!  Who knew hamstrings were so important for like... hmm... every movement?!  =P

Monday 1/5 - Rest

Tuesday 1/6
What I did:  Since last week I was only able to complete the first 2 (out of 3) weight training sessions, I started this week playing catch up by doing the 3rd.

What I wore:  Nike Touch Breeze tank in hyper cobalt, with Lululemon Lab Perennial tight and Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 shoes in hyper cobalt/bright mango.







Wednesday 1/7
What I did:  Strength workout #1.








Thursday 1/8 - Rest since I was too tired to get up!  Had late dinner with the bf the night before at a pretty touristy spot at the Santa Monica pier, called The Lobster.  View is amazing though!  It was a clear day so the sunset was really pretty.  In fact, I took a pic.  =)



Friday 1/9
What I did:  2nd strength session, plus a little conditioning work afterwards.

What I wore:  Lululemon Water Bound singlet in black with Lululemon free to be bra in laceoflage, and Lululemon wunder under crop in bruised berry.  I thought I'd give these shoes a try even though they are not really training shoes - the HKNB 420 shoes.  I mostly did weights, but they actually weren't too bad to workout in!









Saturday 1/10 - Rest day again!  I actually went to look at a house in the Hollywood Hills that just came onto the market.  I don't really want to buy a house right now, but I'm looking for an investment property for my dad, which hopefully I'll be able to live in... lol!  The house wasn't bad, but not as amazing as the photos, especially for the 7 digit asking price.  

But here's my casual look!  Lululemon Karmacollected jacket (it was raining so I threw on the scarf) and Joe's Jeans, with French Connections Maria wedge sneakers.  I love my 3 pairs of Joe's Jeans so much that I pretty much only wear them on weekends now.  They are so comfortable!  




So off to brunch I went after the open house, to one of my favorite brunch places in LA - Blu Jam cafe!  I got the most amazing dish - the beef hash.  It's beef and potatoes sauteed with some vegetables, and 2 poached eggs on top.  Some kind of pesto sauce.  Probably really high in calories but sooo good!



My bf got a boring smoked salmon benedict order.  Good too, but not quite as amazing as mine.  He was so jealous of mine that he ate half of it.  Argh!  This always happens.


Sunday 1/11
What I did:  I did the 3rd strength training session today, for the second time this week.  Then I did the 30 minute treadmill interval workout by David Siik that almost killed me.  He's the hot Equinox trainer whose video I posted a year ago!  Hehe.  But he's actually a very good running coach.  I ran with him a few times at the Brentwood Lululemon run club since he's an ambassador there and would come out sometimes.  





Splits59 Venus jacket as to and from:





And that's the end of this week!  I hope you all had a great first week of 2015!  







Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...