Sunday, December 28, 2014

Sunday Funday!

What a weird week!  I think my schedule got totally messed up because I had Thursday off work for Christmas, then had to go back on Friday, followed by 2 more days off this weekend.  Next week is going to be the same thing!  You know, working in finance really sucks when it comes to time off.  We work when the market is open... and the market is only closed for like 10 days a year in the US.

As I mentioned in the last post, Nordstrom kind of screwed me on my Christmas present from my bf.  But I've been enjoying the gag gift he got me!  I've been mixing my St Germaine with champagne and fresh lemon juice... yum!  This drink completely replaces mimosas for me.  I don't really drink much nowadays, since I prefer to eat my calories, but this drink is worth it!


I gotta get the cucumber infused vodka next, and mix it with my St Germaine for more beverage creations!  Hehe.

So after I got back from New Orleans, I was surprised that I didn't really gain weight even though I ate so much good food there!  I still gained a little overall from this holiday season though.  So I decided this week to just do a lot of cardio instead of my usual weights program.  I still did some weights, but mostly lighter sets.  So now I've had 2 whole weeks off from my usual weight training!  I will be getting back into it next week, which will coincidentally be the start of my 3rd month on the Get Glutes program.  I'm looking forward to it!  I think I will continue doing more cardio than usual until I get to a comfortable spot, and then focus mainly on weights again.  I'll be like one of those New Year's Resolutionists, and spend the next month working long and hard!

Monday 12/22
What I did:  45 minutes on the gauntlet.  I did moderate intensity interval training the whole time.

What I wore:  Lorna Jane Dantelle tank in ocean with Lorna Jane Lustre bra in sparkly fluro orange under.  Lululemon Mod Moves crop, and Nike Free 3.0 in gray/crimson.




Lululemon Be Present jacket in coco pique as to and from:




Tuesday 12/23
What I did:  I kind of killed myself - I started by running at a moderate speed for 30 minutes on 2% incline, which is harder for me nowadays since I haven't really ran in years.  Then I realized that a 45 min conditioning class was starting so I took that!  It was pretty hard.  I was totally dying by the time it was done.

What I wore:  Lululemon Energy SL in potion purple with Ivivva Rhythmic Crop in houndstooth fairy emboss, and Nike Free 3.0s.  It was the first time I had worn this tank in years I think, mainly because it says "Run" on it so I feel like I can only wear it when I run... lol!






Wednesday 12/24 - I think it was a combination of not getting enough sleep and killing myself with the previous day's workout, but I was SO tired.  I had a Christmas Eve party to go to, so I came home early from work and took a 3 hour nap instead of going to the gym.  I needed that!

Thursday 12/25 
What I did:  I worked out in my apartment gym.  They finally finished remodeling it and it's much nicer now.  Sometimes I just don't feel like driving to the gym.  I ran for 30 minutes, and then did a quick whole body weight circuit.

What I wore:  In the spirit of Christmas, I wore my version of red and green!  Puma mesh gym tank with Lululemon Free To Be bra in very green under.  Lululemon Speed Short in savasana camo fatigue green, and Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 shoes in venom/turbo green.




Friday 12/26
What I did:  I did a 45 minute MIIT workout on the gauntlet again.  Then I did 5 or so weight exercises.





As to and from, I wore my Lorna Jane Motivate LS.



Saturday 12/27 - I ended up cleaning the house (really needed to!) then getting drunk haha.  So rest day.

Sunday 12/28
What I did:  I discovered that the new upgraded gym at my building now has Fitness On Demand.  It's basically a touch screen interface that is connected to a big TV in one of the rooms.  This thing has tons of virtual group fitness classes on it!  It's basically like working out along with a DVD, just lots of options to choose from.  The classes range from cardio, to weights, dance, pilates, yoga, and cycling!  It's actually quite awesome.  I chose a spin class, since it had been a long while.  The class was pretty good!  The TV screen showed beautiful scenery as you ride on the virtual road (I chose Colorado, but they had tons of other places) as well as a small picture of a person performing the workout according to the instruction.  It also came with good music, verbal instructions as well as written instructions about the position and how hard/fast you should be going.  I'm really happy about this!  My class was 48 minutes, and in the "advanced" category.  It was a really good workout!  I'm going to be doing this more often.  Not sure how it works when other people are in the same room though.

What I wore:  Splits59 Devon Scoop back tank in twilight with Lululemon Free To Be bra in power purple under.  Splits59 Nova Capri tight and Nike Free 3.0 in gray/crimson.  The bikes in my building are also compatible with spin shoes!  I didn't bring mine since I hadn't planned on doing that.  But I will next time.





So, this week in total I did over 4 hours of cardio!  That's A LOT for me.  Even when I was training super hard with my coach, I still only did 2 hours of cardio a week max.  I just wanted to change it up and sort of shock my body a bit.  I will not not be doing this much cardio next week for sure.  But maybe I'll keep it around 2 hours for a while until I get back to pre-holiday season shape... haha.  Of course I'll need to eat better as well.  I do have to admit though, that I am dreading going to the gym in the beginning of the year!  I may need to camp outside of the gym before they open every morning just to ensure I get my squat rack.  #firstworldproblems







Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...