Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sunday Funday!

Another busy busy week!  I once again had to be at work early all week, which makes it pretty much impossible to go to the gym beforehand.  I actually did make it to the gym at 5 one morning, did a quick 40 minute workout and got out of the gym by 6ish.  But I felt so rushed the whole time that I didn't enjoy the workout!  So, I probably won't try to do that again.  Luckily I'm done with the extra early work hour for a while, so things will get back to normal next week!  Plus, I'm only working 2 days anyway, since I took the days off around Thanksgiving.  I can't believe time has gone by so fast and Thanksgiving is next week!  Pretty soon it will be 2015...

I did the last week of my first month of the Get Glutes program.  Starting tomorrow, I get to do month 2 workouts!  The last week of the monthly program is supposed to be the time to push hard, and I tried to do that all week!  Interesting thing I've noticed since doing this program for a month - I'm doing 2 days less of strength training now than I used to, but I've actually gotten noticeably stronger this month!  I used to never be able to break 115 lb squats, but now I'm doing 135 lbs (4 sets of at least 8 per set).  It's kind of counter-intuitive, and yet does make sense if you think about it.  Recovery is just as important as the training itself.  I was doing 5 days of strength training in the past, which most likely didn't allow my body to get enough rest.  Also, I am now doing 3 days of full body workouts, whereas I was doing 5 days of split body part workouts.  I've read that full body workouts are more effective, and it is probably so.  Or, I could be benefitting from the initial shock of a new program.  I'm still eating the same amount of food and my weight has not changed at all.  Since it's been a month now, I feel that is long enough to say my body is probably agreeing with the new workouts lol.  I'm excited to see what month 2 brings!

Monday 11/17
What I did:  Strength session 1.

What I wore:  Under Armour Achieve tank with Lululemon free to be bra in spry blue under.  Ivivva Rhythmic Space Dye crop in spry blue/faded zap/silverspoon, and Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 shoes in venom/turbo green.

I accidentally put on my tank inside out without realizing until half way through the workout lol.  Oops.







Tuesday 11/18
What I did:  Conditioning #1 workout.





Lorna Jane Willow Mesh LS as to and from:



Wednesday 11/19 
What I did:  Strength training #2 workout.

What I wore:  Puma Studio Yogini tank with Lorna Jane Dual Support bra under.  Lululemon Wunder Under crop in wee are from space fatigue green, and Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 shoes in venom/turbo green.






This one may have been too much of the same gray.. hahaha oh well.


For work on the same day, I wore my new Ann Taylor spot print blouse for the first time!  Actually an Ann Taylor outfit - Corded Lace Pencil skirt.  Coach Nala patent pumps.



Thursday 11/20
What I did:  This was the day I went to the gym in the morning and had to rush through my Conditioning 2 workout!

What I wore:  Lululemon Swiftly racerback in space dye heathered fern green, with Lululemon Ebb & Flow crop and printed Nike Free 3.0s.


Lululemon Forme Jacket in savasana camo fatigue green as to and from:





Friday 11/21
What I did:  Strength training #3.





Alo Yoga Exhale LS as to and from:




Since I got all my workouts in during the week, I rested both days on the weekend!  I actually wanted to go to the gym today, since next week is Thanksgiving and I know I'll eat a lot lol.  But I went to eat instead.  =/  I'll definitely be working out hard next week though!




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...