Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday Funday!

This was a relaxing week for me, since I took the latter half of the week off work.  I didn't have much to do, so it was nice to just relax!  I went to the gym, of course.  Probably spent too long there.  I love going to the gym at like 10 am during the week when hardly anyone else is there.  Wish I could have this schedule all the time!  Why is work always getting in the way of everything??  Hahaha.

So, I think I mentioned last week that I have decided to push myself even harder now at the gym.  I always thought I pushed hard, but maybe I need to up my pain threshold!  I think that's the only way changes will happen.  I've been trying to be more conscious of my form too, and hold just a little bit longer for each rep.  Anyway, I think it's working.  At least, I feel it more during the workouts as well as in the next day or so.  I just gotta eat better!  I've been not so great with my diet choices this week, since I've had quite a few obligations where I had to eat out.  Last night I went to a fancy birthday party in Bel Air, and they had sooooo many yummy little desserts that were tempting me all night! I guess I'm really a fat kid at heart.  Sigh...

Monday 10/13
What I did:  Lower body weights.

What I wore:  Lorna Jane Erika tank (my bf thinks this tank is really ugly because the bra and tank colors don't go well lol) with Lululemon Empower crop in coal/passion and Nike Free 3.0s in gray/crimson.



Tuesday 10/14
What I did:  Shoulder & tri, then 30 minutes on the gauntlet.

What I wore:  Lululemon 105 F Singlet in bruised berry with Lululemon Free To Be bra in very green under it.  Beyond Yoga Hyper Stripe long legging, worn as 7/8 legging, and same Nike shoes as Monday.




Wednesday 10/15 - Rest day

Thursday 10/16
What I did:  Glute/back/bi






More green/teal as to and from - the Alo Yoga Exhale long sleeve in fresh:



Friday 10/17
What I did:  Legs, then 30 minutes on the gauntlet.

What I wore:  Lorna Jane Replay tank with Lorna Jane Lola bra in sparkle gray under.  Lululemon wunder under crop in bordeaux drama, and Nike Free Bionics.






Saturday 10/18
What I did:  Upper body supersets, and then treadmill plyo and intervals for about 25 minutes.

What I wore:  Actually first time wearing this tank since I bought it - the Lorna Jane Wild at Heart tank, with Lorna Jane Somersault bra under it.  I really like the style of muscle tanks, and this one is especially cute because it shows the back of the bra.  But the two twisted braid things on the back makes the tank kind of back heavy so I had to keep pulling it down in the front every 10 minutes or so.  Oh well, I still liked it.  I wore it with Splits59 Nova Viper capri, and printed Nike Free 3.0s.

I love bright colors, but I do also love the monochromatic look sometimes.





I had fun with my red extension highlights last night for the fancy birthday party!  I actually bought more colors of these extensions, in hot pink, purple, and blue!  So fun!

And of course, I used my Sultra Bombshell to do my hair.  I seriously love this curler and don't know why I waited so long to buy it.




Anyway, here's the whole outfit: Hale Bob animal print silk dress with Vince leather scuba jacket over, and Sam Edelman Mallory wedges since no stilettos were allowed for this party (new floors).  I also carried my trusted Balanciaga city bag.



You can't see it in the photo, but in that bag is my new Salvadore Ferragamo continental wallet!  It's actually my almost 3 months late birthday present from my bf, because... he's a guy?  Lol.  He didn't know what to get me so I finally said just get me this wallet!  I like Ferragamo leather goods.  They are really good quality without being very recognizable, and their price point is more reasonable than many other similar scale brands.

I like the particular design of this wallet the best.  I've been looking at a lot of wallets the past year or so and this one is my favorite.  It opens up completely, has plenty of storage compartments, and I like the horseshoe! 


Look at allllll these card slots, as well as a zipper coin pocket!


I actually found this wallet on Ruelala for a $150 discount off of retail price, so he didn't even have to spend full price or pay sales tax!  I think it's a pretty nice present for myself lol.  I'm going to use it to death.  Maybe this is the way to go for future birthdays and holidays?  Forego the surprise element and get what you want for yourself... headache saved for bf... Everybody's happy?





Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your blog and I hope you don't mind but I have a gym question. I've always done my workouts at home, but I decided to give Equinox a try (in SoCal). Do you think their personal training sessions are worth it? Maybe you don't have experience with it but I thought you might have an informed opinion :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I think most trainers at Equinox are not worth it. I have trained with a couple different ones, and while I liked the last guy I trained with, I still have a hard time justifying the price. Each hour long session is almost the same price as the membership due for the whole month! He was tier 3+, so his rate was higher than most too. Of course I can see how it would be worth it for someone:1. if price is not an issue, 2. if you are not that familiar with how to workout on your own and need someone to guide you, or 3. you need someone to get you there.

      I would say, sign up for the gym, go workout on your own for a while and pay attention to the different trainers while they train their other clients. After a short while, you will be able to pick out the good ones from the bad. They do offer you a free workout session once you join, so take advantage of that with the trainer that you want to train with - don't just take whoever they assign you with when you sign up. You want to pick one who's training style is what you are looking for. And it's kind of hard to switch from one to another - I did that once and I still feel awkward when I see the original trainer I was supposed to train with lol.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for responding in such detail. I also feel like the price is hard to justify... I might give it a try once just because I'm not that familiar with all the equipment and stuff as I'm used to working out at home (body weight or light weights and running outdoors). Maybe reading a decent book would enable me to make my own effective program, though. I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled to see what the different trainers are like... Changing sounds super awkward! I did already meet the person I was assigned to and she seems super nice. Unsure about the training part, though! Anyway thanks again for the helpful reply :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...