Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday Funday!

I just got back from spending the long weekend in Yosemite National Park!  I actually hadn't been there since I was a teenager despite it being only a few hours drive from LA.  So I forgot how breathtakingly beautiful it was there!  It truly deserves to be a World Heritage site.  It also helped that the weather was absolutely perfect this weekend.  It was sunny and in the mid 70s.  We didn't even know, but apparently park entrance is free on holiday weekends!  It's normally $20/car for 7 days which is pretty cheap already.  But being free on the Easter weekend, it was quite crowded there.  I went with my mom, bf and grandma!  We stayed in a cabin at Bass Lake, which is about 20 minutes outside of the Yosemite south gate.  So we were able to go into the park two days in a row instead of feeling rushed to do it all in one day.

One great thing we figured out with the iPhone is that you can take panoramic photos vertically instead of horizontally!  Not sure why I never thought about this, but just hold the phone in landscape and go up instead of to the side.  If this photo of the Grizzly Giant sequoia tree was regular view, you'd only be able to see about 1/3 of it!  But panoramic mode captures the whole thing!


Here's a horizontal panoramic of the Yosemite valley... so pretty!  Panoramic photos are funny though.  Sometimes it makes a "ghost", like a piece of this car appears out of nowhere in the middle of my pic!  Hehe.


I took this photo from the best view point on the way to the valley... it's a point where you can see the two main attractions of Yosemite - El Capitan and Half Dome.  You can also see a waterfall from this view as well, which is called Bridalveil fall.  It is really quite gorgeous!


This is a picture of me walking hand in hand with my grandma towards the Yosemite Fall in the valley!  How cute is she!  =D



So obviously the main reason for going there was to show my grandma the beautiful sites of Yosemite.  But I'm really glad I went back after so many years.  I would like to go back again soon and go on some hikes though.  My 83 year old grandmother is not really in the condition to walk a whole lot.  So we took it really easy this time.

Ok moving onto my workouts!  This week wasn't so good for me!  I skipped two weight sessions.  The first one I skipped because my right arm got really sore from playing tennis last Sunday lol.  My racket is really top heavy, so when I don't play for a while, this always happens.  I skipped the last workout of the week too since I was going to Yosemite for the weekend.  Oh well.  I'm not too concerned about it since I normally get all my workouts in.

Monday 4/14
What I did:  Lower body weights, followed by 30 minutes of the gauntlet.

What I wore:  Lorna Jane Demi tank/bra combo with Lululemon Empower crop in coal/passion and Nike Free 3.0.







Tuesday 4/15
What I did:  This was the day I skipped weights in the morning due to extremely sore arm.  It was supposed to be upper body day so I couldn't really fathom how I would even grab onto any weight.  I went to boxing class in the evening though despite my arm condition!  Different muscles... hehe.



Splits59 Cameron jacket as to and from:


So the past couple times I went to boxing, I had my hair up in a pony tail like I usually do for the gym.  But all the moving and ducking made my hair whip around so much and stick to my sweaty face!  I had boxing gloves on, so it was somewhat awkward to move them.  So this time I decided to put my hair in a pony first, then make a fishtail braid!  It worked really well, and stayed put the whole time!  Little things like this can be such a nuisance.  I hate having my clothes or accessories be a hindrance to my workouts (hence why I buy so much expensive workout clothes lol).

Here's the before and after:


Became a bit messier after an hour long of vigorously moving around... not bad at all!  Happy about my new find.  =D  



Wednesday 4/16
What I did:  Upper body superset weights.  Usually this is my last weight workout of the week.  But since I missed tri/shoulder the day before, I didn't want to only do back/bi and end up being uneven lol.  So I just did the whole body one.  Then I did the 30 minute gauntlet cardio workout.

What I wore:  White Under Armour Achieve tank!  I seriously love this tank and wish I had gotten every color.  Lululemon Free To Be bra in spry blue under it.  Ivivva Rhythmic Crop in spry blue/faded zap/silver spoon.  Nike Frees 3.0s again.




Old school Lululemon Flashback Jacket in dark classic sport gray/angel blue as to and from:




Thursday 4/17
What I did:  Lower body weights and then gauntlet again.  Ugh hate this one and it always makes me look super sweaty like I've been at the gym for 3 hours.



Lululemon Forme Jacket in fatigue camo as to and from - SO glad I got this one!  I love it!


Friday 4/18 - Outfit from Yosemite!  I blew up the Grizzly Giant photo above - I wore the Splits59 Olivia Run tee in barberry, with Lululemon Run Ultra short (very old, like 2009) in black/fruity tootie, and my new Express Camouflage Trucker hat that I got on sale for $16!  It's a men's hat.  But who cares!  Lol.


Saturday 4/19 - Outfit 2 from Yosemite!  You saw this from the back on the photo above as well, where I'm walking with my grandma towards the waterfall.  I wore the Lululemon Swiftly LS in laceoflage, with Lorna Jane Danni vest over, and Lululemon camo Speeds again!  New Balance Minimus Road shoes.

My bf took this pic which I thought was terrible because you couldn't see any of the gorgeous view behind me!  Lol.  He was really tired of taking pics at this point, so it was probably on purpose!  But at least now it's serving a purpose since it does show my whole outfit up close.  Hehe.



I gotta detox from this weekend!  Being out always means not eating as healthy of course.  Especially with my mom who seems to think I'm always hungry 24/7 and wants to stuff my face!  Argh!  Now I feel all bloaty and like I need to drink 5 gallons of water lol.  Ohhhh well!  That's what week days are for!  =P  Back to the grind tomorrow before heading to San Francisco for a few days next week!  Hope you all had a great weekend and a yummy brunch today!





Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your Yosemite pics MSE! Looks so beautiful and calm there.
    As always, you look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy!! Yes it was gorgeous there! Wish I was still there... hahaha... I'm totally planning a trip back already. Next time I want to go on more hikes!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...