Monday, January 13, 2014

Splits59 Joan B 3/4 Tight & Lululemon Flow and Go Tank in White!

I had two great ebay scores come my way.  I have been looking for the Splits59 Joan B 3/4 Tight for quite a while now.  They were sold out a long time ago and I even asked them to try to find a pair for me at some point, but they couldn't.  Soooo... Regularly stalking ebay for wish items really pays off sometimes!  There was only one issue though - they are size S which is a little big for me in Splits sizing.  Well... I don't care!  I bought them anyways.


They look a little different from the stock photo though.  On the photo, it looks like the front bottom of the legs ends in a reverse V shape at the mesh.  But in person they are actually cut straight and there's extra fabric underneath.  I've noticed that some Splits59 items look different online and have asked about that (i.e. the placement of the logo on my Nova capris are much higher than shown online, and the Dallas hoodie missing a colorblock piece).  Their response was that the products shown online are unfinished products and sometimes they have to photoshop certain things, like the logo.  When they finalize production, sometimes they tweak things that are different from original design.  Ummm... how about taking some new photos then??  

So this is how they really look:


Here's a closer look of the bottom (I'm bending over here lol):


So I do like the originally intended design better, and I was a little disappointed by that.  But I still like them and they are unique looking so I'll still wear them.  Oh, also size S turns out to be a little big for me indeed lol.  I think they will be my low impact workout tights.  I got them for like either $25 or $30, can't remember.  So it's not the end of the world if I don't end up wearing them a lot.  

Here are some more details!  The mesh color is yucca, which I have in the Ashby tank as well as Serena embroidered tank.  It's also the exact same color as Lululemon's fresh teal, which happens to be making a reappearance right now so I can get more tops/bras to match these pants too if I want to.  

More pics here:







My other score is the Lululemon Flow and Go tank that was buy it now for $35.  Sweet!  It is from the third and latest run, which I like the best because of the flat straps instead of round ones in the first and second runs of this top.  





I actually wear the faded zap one that I have more than I thought I would, so I had been looking for another one in white.  I think it's gorgeous in white!  I got it in size 4 which is the same as the faded zap one.  I love it, and I'm glad I found one for a great price!  My new workouts make me a sweaty monster so I appreciate the light material and open back lol.






Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. That's so weird that they don't take the photos of the finished product, especially if they make so many changes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. They are a small company, and maybe it's too expensive to re-take photos? I don't know, but I think that it is pretty important to represent the product accurately in the online photos.

      Delete
  2. I personally think it is unacceptable to misrepresent their products! Its a poor excuse they gave you. Frank one, but very poor. I hope they get their act together on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was ticked off by it too when I received something different from the photos. But that only happened to me a couple times so I give them benefit of a doubt lol.

      Delete
  3. I have the flow and go tank in white,also, and love it! I am on the hunt for the static coal/alarming one from the first release. I live how the straps are a different color from the body!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually used to own that one but never wore it and sold it. I love the different colored straps too. But the fit of the straps were weird. I never felt "safe" in it lol. Like I could pop out at any moment. They definitely improved the straps a lot in the last run.

      Delete
  4. I'll take those tights if you decide you don't want them. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...