Saturday, November 16, 2013

Design History Three Quarter Sleeve Jacquard Mini Dress

I bought a sweater dress from ideeli - the Design History Three Quarter Sleeve Jacquard Mini Dress.  I think I bought it primarily because of the elbow patch design lol.  I don't know what it is, but I love elbow patches!  I thought the print of this dress was fun, being totally different between the front and the back.  I also like the color scheme used.  It just looked like a fun sweater dress to wear with tights and boots!



I got it in size XS, and was hoping that it would not be too small.  I think it's just fine.  But it's a little shorter than I thought it would be which is kind of a bummer since I was hoping I could maybe wear it to work some time as well.  But definitely not at this length.  It's also not the softest against the skin either, and I would even venture to say that it's kind of scratchy.  It's made of mostly acrylic and wool, that's probably why.  Hmmm... so I'm not sure if I should keep it or return it!  I thought it was a pretty good deal because it was only $29, so I'm tempted to just keep it and work with it!  Here it is on me:





Love the elbow patch...


There are decorative little zippers around the shoulders too... kind of cute:



What do you think?  Keeper?




Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Keep! It's so cute and just wear some tights or something underneath and I'm sure it'll be fine for work =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the front it doesn't look too short, but from the back I definitely think it's too short for work. I think it would be cute for casual wear with some flat riding boots. But for me, scratchy fabric is a total dealbreaker (I know I won't enjoy wearing it or want to reach for it just for that reason) so I'd return it. There are plenty of other cute AND comfortable sweater dresses out there, even at that price! They might not have elbow patches, though, so I guess you have to decide if elbow patches are more important than comfortable fabric. :)

    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be cuter and more work appropriate with leggings and boots. However if it us itchy at all, you will never be reaching for it and it will never get worn. I would return for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks super cute.....but if itchy, not worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I found out that if I wear a slip under it then it solves the scratchiness problem lol. I think I'll keep it now! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...