Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sunday Funday!

This has been a tough week for me.  Work had been super busy, and I was running on 4-5 hours of sleep a night average, having to wake up at like 5 am.  Not to mention the workouts, it was just a lot.  I think it's really important to get enough sleep, because when I don't, I lose my appetite and feel more bloated.  That's exactly what happened to me last week!  After I got home from work on Friday, I literally went straight to bed and slept for like 3 hours!  Ah, well.. next week is a new week!

I mentioned this in my last post, but I've been on my training program for a little over a month now, and I've been feeling like I've lost inches/weight pretty much from all over my body.  Except my butt has been getting bigger!  Bigger in a good way though, like rounder and perkier, not wider and flatter lol.  Sometimes I catch my own glimpse in the mirror in passing and I go... holy moly that's me?!?!?!?  But I didn't really have solid proof until yesterday when I took my second bi-weekly status picture series, and it is totally noticeable!  Isn't it amazing... those damn squats sure are paying off!  When I first started, I did 65 lb squats (4 sets of 8).  Now I am doing 95 lbs (4 sets of 10).  I go all the way down till my legs are parallel to the floor.  It hurts, but it's worth it!  Ladies, it is so important to work for an anti-gravity butt!  Well, men too!

Left: About one month ago prior to starting my program.  Right:  Yesterday

I love lifting weights!  Just thought I'd share, because it made me happy.  =)

So, despite having been really tired all week, I still pushed hard at the gym.  I just have the mentality that if I allot an hour a day or whatever for the gym, I need to make the most of it and not mess around. That really works for me.  If I'm not going to give at least 100% at the gym, I feel like I might as well go home and sleep which is very tempting anyways.

Monday 6/3
What I did:  Rest day from weights, so I did my 30 minute MISS.  Walked on the treadmill at 15%.  I got a new book called The Billionaire's Obsession, series of 3 books for like $2.99 on amazon.  Chick lit.  So far it's got some pretty steamy scenes lol.  I cannot read anything more serious when I'm working out, so I'm happy this will last me a little while!

What I wore:  Lululemon Flow and Go tank in faded zap, with Splits59 Ginger crops and my blue glow Nike Frees.  I kind of want to get another pair of these shoes because they have pretty colors.  But it's kind of lame that I can't wear them to lift weights or do anything other than running (not very stable, feet roll to the outside of the soles).



Tuesday 6/4
What I did:  Second day of rest from weights. I did MISS again, but this time I did 30 minutes of the gauntlet.  I have serious love/hate relationship with this machine.

What I wore:  Splits59 Sabrina tank top (I forgot I had this tank for a while until I reorganized my drawers, but it is soooo nice!!!) with white Lululemon Free To Be bra under, Lululemon Ebb & Flow crops in black, and New Balance Minimus Road shoes.



Wednesday 6/5
What I did:  Back to weights again!  Lower body.

What I wore:  Lorna Jane Inspire excel tank with Lululemon Free To Be bra under in faded zap.  Lululemon Run A Marathon crop, and I tried lifting in my New Balance shoes for the first time.  Not bad, but definitely not as much support since they are zero drop.  Maybe it's a good thing.  I'll have to give them a try again.


I like faded zap with this tank.  Here's the back shot so you can see them together!



Here is my work outfit from Wednesday as well.  Here I am wearing Express long convertible sleeve blouse in ivory with black piping, and Tahari ASL gray ombre skirt.  But most importantly, I wore my new Vince Camuto Dacoma pumps in hurricane gray pearl patent!  


Side view so you can see the shoes better.  Not bad with a work outfit!



Thursday 6/6
What I did:  Upper body weight workout.  Then I did my 30 minute MISS to conclude the 3 MISS sessions of the week.  I like to get them over with before the weekend!  I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes on 15%.

What I wore:  Lululemon cool racerback in electric orange, with bright blue Flow Y bra under it.  And Lululemon Lab Perennial tights in coal, with blue Nike Frees! 


After I showered at the gym, I put on my going-home-outfit lol.  I wore my new G by Guess Devin cutout tee in black, over this magenta colored ribbed tank and Abercrombie white jeggings.  Oh and Ivanka Trump pinkish pumps in light pink.  =)


I love the back of this tee!!



Friday 6/7 - Rest day!  The only day I didn't go to the gym this week.

Saturday 6/8
What I did:  Lower body weight workout again.

What I wore:  Lululemon Light Up tank in pig pink (I bought this tank at the same time as the electric orange cool racerback from Thursday's outfit!) and CW-X Pro tights, with Brooks Pure Drift shoes.



As to and from, I wore the Lorna Jane Sophia Excel top - love this top!


Sunday 6/9
What I did:  Today I did upper body weight lifting again.

What I wore:  I am very excited because I figured out that I could just wear another bra under my Lole Spiral tank top to mitigate the lack of bra cup issue of the tank!  Lol!  I'm slow.  I pretty much never double up on bras and tanks with built in bras, so this didn't occur to me until this morning.  And what better bra to pair it with, than the Lorna Jane Pammy bra!!!  They are both black and they have the exact same looking back!!!  It's like match made in heaven.  From the front you can't even tell I have a bra under because the thin straps of the tank cover the bra completely.  From the back, it looks like the design of the tank!  I love it.  I also wore my new Lululemon Snap It Up crops with the tank/bra, and Brooks shoes again.





That was a nice conclusion to this week's workouts!  I had the best brunch after my workout today (at Blu Jam Cafe), the crunchy French toast is to die for!  I don't know what crunchy stuff they put on the outside of these French toasts, but they are served with fruits and vanilla sauce.  It was my cheat meal of the week and it totally hit the spot.  =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...