Monday, June 10, 2013

Splits59 Olivia L/S Run Tee in Barberry/Apricot!

After ordering the Splits59 Misty M Cutout pullover in barberry (really pretty red!), I really wanted a top in that color.  But I did not want to keep that pullover because it just did nothing for me.  So I'm really happy to have gotten the Olivia L/S Run Tee in the same color, and I like it sooooo much better!  I actually got it new with tag on ebay for $45.  It was a buy it now, so I bought it.  I know that it was kind of taking a risk since I had never tried it on, but I figured you couldn't really go wrong with this shape.  I had been eyeing this top on their website for a while too, I just couldn't resist!

Let me just say, it looks even better in person than online!  The mesh details on the shoulders and forearms with apricot colored embroidery are striking and more obvious in person.  I took a bunch of up close photos.  The material is super nice in this top as usual for Splits59 stuff - silky and soft.  It is a looser fit - I got a size small and I'm thinking XS probably would work as well.

Here are their web photos:






And here it is on me:









Thumb holes!


Love this!  The embroidery makes it very different from any other running tops I have.  I think this top would actually be very good to run in because the material is so nice and cool to the touch.  But I don't really run outside anymore so I most likely will just wear it around casually.  I just love the colors!  And the shape makes it very easy to match other things and to throw on quickly.  I saw more colors on their website a while ago, but I think they are all sold out so only this color and black are left.  For $82, it is definitely one of their more reasonably priced tops.  If I'd known how great it was, I'd totally have paid full price for it.  But happy to have gotten it for half of the price!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...