Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday Funday!

I just got back from San Diego where I went to celebrate a friend's birthday yesterday.  I stayed a night at the Omni, which is in the middle of everything at the Gas Lamp.  I had the best brunch today!  It was at a place called Cafe 21, and I had this short rib omelet cooked Turkish style in a cast iron skillet, with a potato pancake side and toast.  It was super delicious!  I also had a raspberry mimosa to go with it.  Here's my food!  I loved the menu at this place, I could have ordered like 5 dishes.



Afterwards, I went to the Ghirardelli store (didn't know there was one in San Diego!) and accidentally got this huge ice cream cone!  LOL!  I say accidentally, because I had no idea it was going to be this huge!  It was very good though, I got coffee and cookies n' cream, in a homemade waffle cone dipped in chocolate.  But I wondered how many burpees it would take to burn it off... But hey, you can't expect to be healthy all the time!  =P



For a healthier alternative, I have been making chia pudding!  I blend plain Greek yogurt with some fruits, like strawberries or raspberries, and then put chia seeds into the mixture and let it stand for 10-15 minutes until it thickens.  It's yummy!  

Before chia seeds turned the mixture into pudding

After


Anyway, I worked out pretty hard this week, so maybe a little weekend indulgence is ok.  I've been trying out different classes at Equinox, and running intervals a lot.  I love that my new gym is motivating me to workout harder!

Monday 4/1
What I did:  I planned to take this cardio sculpt class but got to the gym pretty early.  So I warmed up by doing 5 minute warm up run, followed by 8 one-minute sprints on 2% incline and 9 mph with one minute rests in between.  Then did 3 one-minute side and backwards run at 6% incline and 3.5 mph.  Finished up with jogging at 6.5 mph for about 5 minutes.  Then I went to take the class!  It's basically a lot of heavy weights sets with cardio intervals in between.  It was pretty good!  




As to and from, I wore my comfy Cotton On hoodie.



Tuesday 4/2
What I did:  Took a spin class, though it wasn't very good because the teacher was like 30 minutes late?!?  They had someone else come in and "warm us up" but it wasn't the same.

What I wore:  Lululemon Stuff Your Bra tank in fossil/flash, with Run A Marathon Crop.  I meant to run before class so I wore my Adidas adizero adios 2 shoes, but I didn't have time to since I got to the gym late.  Oh well, I ran a lot the day before.



Wednesday 4/3
What I did:  I ran 5 one-minute intervals first, then took a Tabata class.  I loved this class!  I think it will be my regular class on Wednesdays from now on.  So basically you do 20 seconds of one exercise, rest for 10 seconds.  Repeat 8 times (4 minutes).  We actually did alternating exercises in class, so we did 4 of each.  Then you move onto the next "tabata".  The whole class was 50 minutes and we did 8 tabatas total!  We used the kettlebell a lot too.  I thought it was excellent.

What I wore:  Lululemon cool racerback in raspberry, with bright blue Flow Y bra under.  My new Splits59 Ginger 3/4 crop, and Brooks Pure Drift shoes.  I loved these crops so much!  They are my new favorite.  They stayed in place perfectly the whole time, I didn't feel any discomfort whatsoever.  And I didn't have to worry about everybody seeing my underwear when I bent over to stretch!



Thursday 4/4
What I did:  I didn't realize this before, but I guess the 20 seconds on and 10 seconds off sprints I've been doing are actually tabatas!  So I decided to do this.  But I did 2 sets, for total of 16 sprints.  Pure death, when you are doing all out sprint for those 20 seconds.

What I wore:  Lululemon cool racerback in petit dot dune, with bordeaux drama wunder under crops.  I wore New Balance Minimus Road shoes to run in, but I wore my new Zigi Kickin wedge sneakers as to/from, so I had them on when I took this picture.  



I wore the Hardtail Forever T-back sweatshirt as to/from as well.  I actually wore this outfit to grab food right after working out.  I'm really liking these wedge sneakers lol.



Oh, I also took a work outfit picture from Thursday because I wore the same color as my workout outfit!  Hehe.  I wore this Calvin Klein shirt, with a wide belt from one of the dresses I own.  And Express zip back studio stretch pencil skirt with Aldo Leanora pumps and plum colored tights that match the shirt.  =)



Friday 4/5 - Rest day.  I was actually very tired and fell asleep from like 10 pm - 8 am!  Could have kept going too, but I got myself up to go to the gym and then headed down to San Diego.

Saturday 4/6
What I did:  I took a barre class at Equinox, and then ran 2 tabata sets again like the day before.  But this time I ran at 9.5 mph on 1.5 incline for both sets.

What I wore:  Lululemon Hot Class tank in senorita pink, and black Ebb & Flow crops.  And of course I wore Zigi Kickin wedge sneakers again as to and from!



Ok, I am totally obsessed with these shoes.  So I have been wearing them casually outside of the gym as well.  I think they have totally replaced Uggs for me.  They are super comfy like Uggs, but a bit more dressed up looking while still maintaining the casual look.  And I really really appreciate the added 3 inches!  They are so comfortable though it's like wearing flats.  But I always want to be taller.  So after the gym on Saturday, I wore these shoes with my Abercrombie white jeggings and layered a red and yellow ribbed tank.  I love this brand of ribbed tanks btw, it's called Zenana Outfitters.  I used to buy them at different stores for about $20 five years ago.  But the other day I found a little store near me that has them on sale for $5 each!  So I bought a bunch of colors and now I own like 10 of them.  They are very nice fitting and they are 96% cotton and 4% elastine so they don't stretch out at all.   Apparently Amazon also sells them for $5.99.



And today I spent the day in San Diego, so I didn't workout, but I did wear my Zigi sneakers again... surprise!  Lol.  I wore them with Blank NYC metallic pink skinny jeans and Alo Sport hoodie.



Ok, and this is all for now.  Very tired and should get to bed now.  Not looking forward to having to go to work tomorrow!  I'm totally having Sunday night blues!

2 comments:

  1. di negara kami ada juga cafe 21 yang menyediakan menu tersebut, hanya sebagai lauk untuk makan nasi mungkin di san diego beda cara makannya.
    in at our place there spycy rendang, balado milkfish, sesame shrimp fried in oyster sauce.
    suatu saat nanti kamu mesti coba....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! those zigi sneakers look damn cute! am seriously thinking about getting them...were they true to size or would you recommend sizing up (i normally size up half or one size for boots so I can wear thicker socks with them). also what color exactly did you get? I like the color!
    ok wait...I just tried looking for these on the Zigi website, on Amazon, on DSW etc and they seem to be sold out everywhere? :-(
    lastly...is this the same show BTW, its called Soho instead of Kickin?
    http://www.journeys.com/product.aspx?id=245430

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...