Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunday Funday!

I was so excited this week, because the downtown LA Equinox location finally opened!  I pre-signed for it 6 months ago, and have been waiting till the day I could stop going to ghetto 24.  Equinox opened on Wednesday, so I now have a lot more classes to explore!  The only thing I found out is that they are not open on Sundays... WHAT?!?  For the hefty membership they charge, I can't even believe they would consider only opening 6 days a week.  I'm going to go haggle my rate tomorrow.  It's only fair that I either pay 6/7 of the price, or get access to another location for free (I signed for single location membership).  One interesting thing I noticed is that this Equinox shop does not carry any Lululemon, at all!  I've been to many Equinox locations/shops, and this is the first one I've seen that does not sell any Lulu.  Hmmm... sign of changing times huh?

Anyways, so this week I've been eating a lot of muffins lol.  Aside from my protein muffins, which I bake about once a week now (enough to lasts a whole week!) and playing with different ingredients (dried fruits, etc.), I have also been baking these egg muffins.


I saw the original recipe on the Tone It Up blog.  It's super easy, you just mix 4 eggs, 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt, handful of chopped spinach and mushrooms, whisk it all together, add some salt & pepper, and bake!  I find that I need to bake these for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  They taste great and last for a long time in the fridge too!  I just bake a bunch and grab a couple to go for breakfast.  Super easy for those mornings that I am running late (pretty much everyday)!

I also saw this super easy recipe (hit Translate on top to read it in English) of baking an egg inside of an avocado, and have tried this as well.  So fun and creative!  I had an avocado that was extremely ripe, so I was glad to have been able to use it all at once.  This one is so easy to do, because all you have to do is cut the avocado in half, take out the core and cracked an egg in it (scoop out some extra avocado to have more room for the eggs).  I added a little bit of salt and pepper before baking.


At first I didn't make the hole big enough for the egg, so I had some messy egg whites to clean up!  But second try was much better.  I baked it all at around 300 degrees for 15 minutes.  But I think my eggs got a little overcooked, so maybe less time next time!  Still tasted great though, especially with some paprika on top!



I just love finding and trying out healthy and easy recipes!  Especially appreciate the kind that I can make bulk ahead of time.  

I've worked out pretty hard this week.  The new gym definitely gives me more motivation to workout more!  Every time I've been there, I've spent almost 3 hours there!  Well, including shower time. 

Tuesday 3/26
What I did:  Ran and did weights.  



Wednesday 2/27
What I did:  This was the Equinox opening party.  I went and got some free Earth Bar smoothies (love!), but they made their money back because I kept buying these damn $10 smoothies every time I go there!  At least they are meal replacements (that makes me feel better).  Oh, I did workout on Wednesday as well.  I ran my sprints on the treadmill and had a great weight workout with killer leg sets.

What I wore:  I purposefully wore older and not perfectly matched Lululemon products.  Lol.  I didn't want to run into other girls wearing the newest Lulu gear, and I did see a couple.  So I wore Lululemon swiftly racerback in pow pink, with pow pink Free To Be bra under it because I can't wear this bra with light colored tanks since it bleeds like crazy!!  Run: Empower crops in coal/passion, and Brooks Pure Drift shoes.


I wore the Principle jacket as to and from.



Thursday 3/28 - I was so tired so I went home after a short work day and fell asleep lol.  

Friday 3/29
What I did:  I had Friday off work, so I was able to go to the gym during the day.  I warmed up with a 30 minute run/sprint, and then took a Metcon class.  It's 10 one-minute exercises done back to back with no rest, then repeat it all 2 more times with only a minute rest in between.  Ending with some explosive cardio type of workouts at the end.  Pretty good workout I think.  Definitely got me sweating!

What I wore:  Lululemon Energy SL in angel blue, CW-X Pro tights, and Brooks Pure Drift shoes again.



Saturday 3/30
What I did:  I took a barre class at Equinox, then ran sprints on hills for about 30 minutes. 



I wore the Armani Exchange faux fur knit jacket as to/from.



And of course, didn't workout today since gym was closed!  Booo!  Ok, I could have worked out elsewhere but didn't feel like it lol.  So sad that the long weekend is now over!  And now that Easter is over, these Cadbury mini chocolate eggs will not be in the store for much longer.  I did cave and buy these lol.  Hey, they only come around once a year!  And I try to only grab a few a day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...