Friday, March 29, 2013

Beyond Yoga Gathered Legging

I've never tried Beyond Yoga stuff before, but I ordered from Gilt when I saw it on sale last week.  I ordered the Gathered Legging in white and received them today.  Let me just say... O.M.G. the material is divine!!!  It is like the softest, most comfortable material ever!  Once I put them on, I did not want to take them off at all!  They are like Lululemon's running luon X 100!  According to the description, the material is 90% supplex and 10% lycra shell.  Whatever it is, it's magical.  And they fit super cute!  I love the gathered detail at the bottom.






I got them in size XS, and they are a perfect fit.  The waistband is wide, just like my Lululemon Wunder Unders, but they sit lower on my waist, and the waistband is looser fitting than wunder unders.  So I really thought everything was perfect about these leggings, until I turned around and looked at my butt.  Buahahaha... these are so see-through!  I can't believe it.  I wasn't even bending down at all!  And I was in a room with not-so-great lighting.  I can't imagine what they'd look like if I walked outside in them!  It's ironic, but a look at the Beyond Yoga home page revealed this photo:



Hmmm... It's obviously a stab at the recent Lululemon sheer bottom debacle.  I don't know though, I've owned many many pairs of Lululemon bottoms, and none have been as see-through as these Beyond Yoga ones!  And I am sure the size is the right size.  If anything, the waistband is even a little loose - I can see them falling down if I were to run in them.  I do kind of think I should give these benefit of a doubt since they are white.  I used to have a pair of reversible white Lululemon groove crops years ago, which I have since sold.  Those were luon and thicker, but they still were see-through.

The problem is, I like these Beyond Yoga crops so much because of the material and fit, that I don't even want to return them!  LOL!  I am thinking maybe I can just pull my cool racerbacks down really far and wear these anyways!  Hahaha!  But seriously, I will probably have to part with these, sadly.  I might try to see if I can get a dark pair though.  The sheerness may be a non-issue then, who knows.  I see that these leggings come in many many different and fun colors, which is pretty cool.  I love white bottoms though, but I still have yet to find a non-see-through pair of white leggings.  Maybe it will not happen and I should just stop trying!

10 comments:

  1. Ohhhh so disappointing!! I've been looking at their leggings for a while and they have the BEST colours, I've been wanting a pair for a while! I had my mind made up about 3 lines into your review that I was biting the bullet and ordering the pink ones - then I saw the sheer part :( I might get them anyway since they sound divine.. But I hope it's just the white ones that are sheer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's super disappointing! But I'm holding out hope that other colors are better lol. Let me know if you do get the pink ones and whether they are sheer or not!

      Delete
  2. I've tried BY crops in black, purple, and blue and haven't experienced any sheerness issues. I love your comparison of their softness to rulu - you are SO right about that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! I will track down a dark pair... LOVE this material!!

      Delete
  3. Hi there- I also got these leggings on gilt but in black and they are extremely sheer!!! I was surprised as well given their recent campaign. They were so soft I debated keeping too!! But sending back :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on the hunt for the perfect leggings for Crossfit, and I've contemplated trying Beyond Yoga. Thanks for the review- I'll definitely get a dark pair if I decide to give them a shot. Have you ever tried WOD Gear leggings? I just ordered a pair, and I can't wait for them to get here and give them a whirl. They have a store in Pasadena- if you check it out, I'd love to hear a review. I'm on the east coast, so I have zero chance of getting to the store anytime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Beyond Yoga's supplex fabric, too (warning: not all items are made of supplex, so be sure to look at the descriptions). My dark pairs have not been sheer at all for me. But I haven't bought any since last year. I noticed that they have moved to the triangle gusset, which is a major disappointment. I loved that Beyond Yoga still had the diamond gusset when Lulu copped out. Splits59 still has diamond gusset, though.
    But I love my BY pants and leggings. The tanks are a bit hot, even in barre class. But I still have bought a few long double-strap camis.
    Oh, and the long curve jacket is also rulu soft and beautiful.
    The colors are fantastic. Sometimes they go on sale on Amazon, so it pays to keep them in your cart and keep watching as the prices move around.
    They also wear well over time. I just wash them with the regular wash. Thanks for your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go to wickedpear leggings! They are locally made in phoenix Arizona I'm a dancer and yogi and I rep them they are double layered and super cute

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...