Thursday, December 13, 2012

Brooks Pure Drift

I'm finally writing a review of my new tester shoes - Brooks Pure Drift.  They are coming out in January next year.  I've had them for about 3 weeks now and have worn them quite a bit.  I have to say, when I first received them and opened up the box, I was so happy to see the color combo!  Most of my athletic shoes are bright colored, and I've been wanting a black pair for a while.  And my wish came true!  I love the hot pink and white accent colors as well.  Another plus - they come with 2 different colored laces!  The white ones are shown here in my photos, but they also came with a hot pink pair which is very cute too.








Aside from the look, they are very nice and comfortable too!  I never had any aches or blisters from day one of wearing them.  They are very lightweight, like all minimalist shoes.  The material is soft and stretchy.  I find that these shoes give you a lot of room around the toe area.  But they hug your feet really well around the in step because of the nav band.  It is quite nice, because I can stretch out my toes without my feet sliding around!

They also come with a slightly elevated heel that works comfortably with the natural strike.  The sole is quite cushiony, and provides a bit of bounce.  They are not quite zero drop, but you can remove the sock liner and they will be!  I haven't tried that.  Honestly, I can't tell much difference between say zero drop and 3 mm drop.  So whatever.

The only thing that I thought was a bit strange with these shoes whenever I put them on is that I immediately feel like the outer sole of each foot is elevated more so than my other shoes.  But after about 2 minutes, that feeling disappears and I feel completely comfortable in them.  I haven't felt any pain or aching after wearing them, so I'm sure it's not a big deal.

I actually have been grabbing these shoes a lot lately.  So they are quickly becoming one of my go-to pairs of running shoes!

8 comments:

  1. How far have you run in them? Do you think they'd hold up okay for a ten mile run? The bottoms of them don't look very durable. I guess I'm used to seeing all the soles of minimal shoes being made out of that vibran rubber. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't ran that far at one time in them, but I think they will definitely hold up. This is the first pair of Brooks shoes that I've owned. But it's a pretty good name. The bottom is very similar to my other shoes with Vibram soles.

      Delete
  2. Very nice shoes but I prefer the reebok realflex. Do you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't think I've heard of realflex... what are they?

      Delete
    2. those are shoes for crossfit, very flex and light!

      Delete
  3. Hi! I stumbled upon your blog because I'm an Express and fitness fan. I love your style! I was wondering how tall you are? I'm asking because I think we are a similar build and it would help to know your height (and possibly weight) so I can decide whether to buy some clothes you model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I am about 5'5, 130 lbs (though this ranges probably from 125-135 lol). I normally wear size S in pretty much every brand, or 4 in dresses, but sometimes 2 and sometimes 6. Since Express sizes run really large, I wear mostly size XS in tops and dresses there, and size 0 for Editor (wide waistband) pants and size 2 for pencil skirts. =)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for answering my questions. We're about the same size (for clothing) except you are two inches taller than me...lucky! ^^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...