Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Tahari by Arthur S. Levine Surplice Woven Shirtdress

I am so happy right now because I bought this dress from Nordstrom.com last Friday: Tahari by Arthur S. Levine Surplice Woven Shirtdress, it arrived today and I freaking love it!!  The best part is, I bought it for $85.90 ($93 after taxes), but when I went on the Nordstrom website just now to link this post to, I noticed that it went on sale again and is currently selling for $49.97, down from the original price of $129!  So obviously I instantly contacted Nordstrom's via live chat (apparently they still work at 9:30 pm PST), and they gave me a price adjustment right away.  I was willing to keep this dress at $93, but now I'm getting $40 back and it is even better!  Gotta love Nordstrom's customer service!!!  I strongly urge you to get this dress at this price, because it is amazing, and will definitely be a staple in anyone's closet.

Here it is on me, I love the military style and the olive color.  And love the big side pockets!!



Here's the dress on the model:




The color in real life probably looks somewhere in between the model pics than mine.  I think it shows up a little too dark on my phone pic - it's not as green in person.  But anyway, I really love the wrap style on top, and the two little faux pockets on the chest are so cute.  There's a zipper on the back that goes all the way up the middle.  It's pull on style, so it's not really a wrap dress as it might seem in the photos.  It's made very well, the material is heavy enough to hide flaws, and there's also an inner lining so it's on the thick side.  I bought it in a size 4 and it fits like a glove.  I wish I had bought my other recent Tahari A.S.L dress in a size 4 instead of 6!  Oh yeah btw, that one is now also $49 at Nordstrom, but the smallest size they have is a 6.  It's also an amazing dress.  I am loving this brand right now.  This is my 3rd item from them and so far they've all been major winners.

I'm pretty sure I can wear this dress to work.  It may be a bit on the casual side, but I can definitely get away with it on Fridays.  Maybe even Thursdays too.  =)  But of course it works well for many occasions outside of work as well.  I seriously cannot wait to wear this!!!

I actually bought another dress from Nordstrom but it looks way cuter online than it does on me so I'm returning it.  It is the Adrianna Papell Colorblock Faux Wrap Jersey Dress.  


 

I thought this dress looked cute on the model but it looks so frumpy on me.  I also ordered it in size 4 and maybe it's too large.  But I'm not feeling it.  Plus it's made crappy, the wide dark gray contrast panel is not even sewn straight.  Totally not even worth the sale price of $52.

On me:


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...