Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Funday!

Wow what a long week it's been!  I think it seemed extra long to me because I had to get to work super early all week so I was up at around 4:30 am everyday.  Got out of work at about 4-4:30 pm, and still had to work out, play tennis, go to happy hour, etc.  So by Friday night I was pretty exhausted!  I slept for 10 hours that night to catch up!  Then had a very physically exhausting weekend as well since I decided to go play golf then tennis in 100 degree weather yesterday and nearly killed myself at the gym today.  So it is now almost 4 pm on Sunday and I'm about ready to crash!  I feel so old!  Haha!

By the way, I wanted to share my very exciting nail polish find today.  I went to get my nails repainted, because I just wasn't feeling this glittery pink color that I had done last weekend for my party.  I wanted a more natural color and I am very happy that I got OPI's "Nomad's Dream".  The bottle actually looked a little orangey and I didn't like it, but my nail girl convinced me that it would look different once painted on.  It's kind of hard to describe this color and it looks a little different under different light reflections, but it is a pearly peachy/tan color that looks very natural and beautiful, and goes with pretty much anything in your closet.  I'm kind of obsessed with this color right now and am thinking I need to buy it myself.  Here's what it looks like under natural light:



Things like this make me really happy.  Now off onto the outfits of the week!

Monday 8/13
What I did:  Weight lifting - worked on chest.




Tuesday 8/14
What I did:  I was supposed to go to my tennis lesson, but it is at 8-9 pm which is kind of late for me since I had to wake up at 4:30 am.  So I skipped it and went to lift weights again - worked shoulders.




I also have a work outfit from the same day.  It was our business dress day, which is why I'm wearing this thick Calvin Klein suit jacket when it's been so hot out.  But I wore my new Shae Scoop Neck dress under so at least that was nice and cool.  It's such a pain to do business dress in this kind of heat wave we're having!



I thought this was funny - Whiskey was bothering me as I was trying to take pictures of myself.  He wants to play, always, so I actually captured this one of him going under my dress!  Hehe.



Wednesday 8/15
What I did:  Went to play tennis with a friend.  We ended up playing for 2 hours!  And I played with both my right and left hands (I'm kind of ambidextrous).  So both my hands/arms got a little sore!

What I wore:  Lululemon Dance Strap tank in white, with Run:Ultra shorts in black/fruity tootie/silver manifesto.  Always wear my Adidas shoes when I play tennis too!


Thursday 8/16 - Rest day, so naturally I went to happy hour.  =)

Friday 8/17 
What I did:  Went to the gym to lift again, and then went to this golf and tennis course close to my house.  It's a very cool place with a driving range, a 9 hole par 3 course, and like 20 tennis courts all next to each other!  Very convenient.




I also wore my Swiftly 1/2 Zip in ultra violet to put on in case it got colder when I was done at like 11 pm.  But it wasn't necessary at all.



My work outfit from the same day is also from our "business dress" day.  We have many of those when clients come to visit us.  But it is so hard to wear business clothes on a hot Friday!  So I did what I could by wearing this old Express botton down stripey shirt I had, rolled up the sleeves, and tucked it into my Tahari A.S.L Sara Skirt.  I actually took the belt off of my Costa Blanca Novara dress and wore it with this outfit.  And of course, my uber comfy Nine West black Ambitious pumps.


Saturday 8/18
What I did:  This was my 4 hour outdoor physical activity day.  I've been wanting to get back into golfing for a while now.  I used to be pretty big into it.  But stopped for a couple years when I got lazy.  So this is my effort at getting back strong!  I went back to the golf and tennis spot I went to on Friday night, and I started off by warming up at the driving range, then playing the 9 hole game.  Then, of course could not leave until I got in an hour of tennis.  I think my friends were really tired and hating me by the end of the day so we went to The Counter and had some yummy burgers and shakes.  =)

What I wore:  Since it was almost 100 degrees out, I opted for my white cool racerback and potion purple Energy Skirt.  And to somewhat match, I wore my 50 Rep bra in very violet.  I wore my NB shoes which were pretty good for golfing, and not bad for tennis.

I had to hold my phone with both hands since my hand was shaking and wouldn't hold still!  Symptom of playing too much tennis I think.  =/



I have decided that I need at least one other running skirt, preferrably in white, since I only have 2 and they are so great for tennis.  But I went to the Lulu store yesterday and tried on the white Pace Setter skirt - it was so long in the front and looked frumpy on me!  Oh well, guess I'll have to wait and keep looking.

Sunday 8/19
What I did:  I went to my interval training class that I used to go to all the time on weekends but have not been in a while.  I really wish I had more days in the week to do all the workouts I want to do!  But it is what it is.  I went back today and remembered how much I missed it!  It's such a good workouts to be able to sprints and do weight intervals with others there to push each other.  Though I was the slowest person in the group today!  I was sprinting at 11mph at the fastest, and others were doing at least 12, and some even 13-14.  Has it been that long since I've been training there...

What I wore:  Lululemon cool racerback in currant, paired with currant Energy Bra.  I figured there was no way for the current Energy Bra to ruin another top if it is the exact same color.  I wore my Hot Move short in coal/unicorn tears print on the bottom.  And of course since my Adidas shoes would match the top perfectly, I opted for my Nike Frees in blue glow.  I just can't do matchy matchy that well.  Although I'm really not crazy about the Nike Frees when I have other options.  My feet always fall out of the sides of them and it's not very comfortable.



And that's it for the week!  I'm glad I was able to get out there and be active 6 days of the week even with my busy work schedule.  I'm determined to make golf and tennis a regular thing from now on.  And of course weight lifting, interval training, and hopefully I can fit in yoga and boxing once in a while too!  Too much to do... too little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...