Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Latest Lululemon Purchases

I finally found some stuff I liked from Lululemon on Monday night's upload.  I'm too lazy to go to the store now, so I just shop online.  Haha.  I actually woke up at around 5 am on Tuesday morning, checking my email before getting my butt out of bed.  And I was so surprised to see the Energy bra in currant!  I have this bra in grape seed and really really like it.  It may be my favorite bra from Lululemon ever.  I always regretted not purchasing it in currant last time it came out.  So this time I jumped on it, and now it is mine!

Update:  This bra bleeds!  Check out the photos here.




I just love how the back looks in this bra, and it is super comfortable on.  I do size up in this bra to a size 6, for a more comfortable fit.  Let's be honest, I don't have a very large chest so I really don't need that much support.  I can't wait to wear this bra, it will go with so many of my cool racerbacks!

I also got the Scoop Me Up tank in caspian blue.  I wasn't really drawn to this tank in other colors, but for some reason the caspian blue looks so pretty!  Maybe this photo sold me on it:



I got this tank in a size 4, my normal size.  It is actually really comfortable on.  I thought the neck strap might be too tight, which was my issue with some Lulu halter style tanks like the Scoop Neck.  I loved the look of my Scoop Neck tanks but have sold all of them because of this reason.  But the Scoop Me Up is a nice update in that sense.  The body of it fits similar to the Scoop Neck from what I remember, same material as well (luon).  It is actually a pretty flattering cut.  I also like how the back looks in this tank:



The only thing I'm not crazy about is the pleats on the bust.  I'm not sure how I really feel about them.  I suppose I don't mind them 100%, but they are definitely not my favorite design feature.  Although the bra band is adjustable on the inside like the Inner Strength tank, which is a nice update as well.  Here is what this tank looks like on me:



I actually have it on here without bra cup inserts.  None of my bra and tanks from this order came with any inserts.  Annoying!!!  I think my chest would look slightly more flattering with them.

I also got the Run: Catch Me tank in power purple, in size 4 as well.  I'm glad all these older great colors from Lululemon are coming back.  I loved power purple, but for some reason I don't own a single tank in this color.  So I bought the Catch Me tank to try on.  This tank actually fits rather loosely in the body, which I did not realize when I bought it.  It's still figure hugging, but it doesn't fit against the skin.  It's kind of nice actually.  There is also a plastic gripper at the hem so it will stay onto your pants better.  



I think this is also a nice tank, and it makes your boobs look bigger.  But it does have a slight armpit fat issue, as you can see in my photo.  It reminds me a lot of my Light Up tank.  Both are made of luxtreme, with the same fit and look in the bust, and body skimming look with gripper at the hem.  But the back of this tank has cross over straps that are adjustable, as well as a center band that is also adjustable. 





You can see from the side view on the model, that it is looser fitting and yet does not make you look preggers.  Oh yes, there is also a little pocket on the inside of the bra that I guess you can stuff something very little in, like keys or (maybe) some cash.  But it would be tricky getting anything out, and people might look at you weird in the process.  Not very functional to me.



Lastly, I got another No Limit tank, in caspian blue.  I also got this in size 4.  I would have jumped on the pow pink one if I didn't already have the Practice Freely tank in paris pink.  I really like caspian blue.  It is a very light blue that for once doesn't have any green tone to it.  I may trade my aruba No Limit tank in for this one.  I already have 3 No Limit tanks (this one makes the 4th), and 2 Practice Freely tanks which are also similar blousey style, so I really don't need this at all.  But I do like it a lot!  Ahhh... time for another ebay sale soon, me thinks!  There needs to be more room in my drawer for new tanks.  =)



And here are the web shots:



2 comments:

  1. I love your style! I think we think a fair bit alike. I got the energy bra, catch me tank (in purple too!) and the pink no limit tank.
    I was planning on wearing my energy bra with my white mesh tank too, but now, I don't know. Sounds like I should return it or end up with ruined red tanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well.. you could pre-wash it and soak it in vinegar and see if it helps? Maybe wear it with black for a while and test out the bleeding issue by laying on a white towel when you are sweaty... if it doesn't turn red then you are good to go? I don't know, sounds scary still.... haha... I've been soaking my white tank in oxyclean and it's coming out little by little. Still faintly visible but I'm hoping it will be completely gone soon. It's been 48 hours already!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...