Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lululemon Swiftly Tech 1/2 Zip Ultra Violet

I've been eying the Lululemon Swiftly Tech 1/2 Zip in Ultra Violet for a while now, and finally decided to pull the trigger.  I've been wanting a running pullover in this color tone, but I wanted to try the Swiftly 1/2 Zip on in store before buying online.  However, this style never arrived at the stores near me.  At least, I don't think so because I haven't seen them the past few times I've been.  Especially after receiving my Post Run Pullover in very violet, which is a very similar color, and seeing how gorgeous the color is, I decided I just couldn't live without it.



I must say that I am SO happy that I ordered it!  For some reason the swiftly material is softer and stretcher in this color than the other ones I have.  I love the 1/2 zip as well which makes it different from my other swiftly shirts.  Well, I only have 2 other long sleeve ones anyway - haze, and white.  This color is gorgeous in the swiftly material, and it's totally different from my other running pullovers.  I love it!  Though I do have to say that I wish the collar would stay down a little better.  It was as good as I could get it in the pic above.  Maybe I need to sport the douche bag popped collar look huh?

Here's the web model pics with the zipper zipped up all the way up.  I don't like it - why would you buy the zipper version if you are going to zip it all the way up?  Just buy the regular one and save a couple bucks.  I think these pictures don't do it justice.  No wonder all the sizes are still left.





Oh, and since I now have this pullover as well as the white/ultraviolet short sleeve swiftly, I can sport the layered look too and create the white/ultraviolet long sleeve swiftly shirt look!

Remember this pic from one of you who sent it in?



I tried it as well, it works well - you can barely tell the difference in sleeves.  Though you can see the zipper underneath the white body.




9 comments:

  1. It looks so cute, I love it!! I've been debating ordering the Concord one. Did you see that colour in person? You're right that it can be really tough to tell how they look from the pictures online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen concord in the swiftly material in person. In other materials it is very nice. From the look of the concord swiftly online, it looks like it could be too dark. I wish they could make it a deeper purple. Flash, on the other hand, looks much nicer in person I think. In both luon and swiftly. I am thinking of getting one too lol.

      Delete
    2. Thanks!! That's my concern - that it will look too dark. I LOVE the UV one, but I have a couple swiftlies (and other LS run tops) in pink tones... Still tempted though! Haha your blog is deathly to my attempts at budgeting :-P I convince myself I don't NEED something then I see it here and decide I can't live without it!

      Delete
  2. You totally caused me to order this :D
    I have a lot of violacious / ultra violet colored things to match with this, though. I find it's a good color on me. So I am super pumped! I have recently become addicted to the swiftlys!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! I am thinking of getting a few more. I also love this color family.

      Delete
  3. I got this top in the pink and really love it. It's amazing for cooler morning runs where you want that little extra warmth around the neck for the first couple miles! I really miss the contrast stitching in the swiftly's though. Gave them just that little something extra!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own the this top too and I love it! The color does look so much better in person. I sized up for a looser fit.

    I also own the Concord vneck Swiftly and it is darker than I thought it would be but still a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I know that this is an old post (I came across this blog via google searching), but I was wondering if you could tell me how you found the sizing for this top? I have seen some reviewers saying this style fitted smaller than other LLL tops, and I'm trying to decide if I need to size up? I've an Aus size 6-8 in all styles I ever try on so was going to order in a 4, but wondering now if I'd be better off with a 6? Any help much appreciated! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops, that was horrible English, hopefully you can decipher my lack of proofreading...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...