Friday, February 24, 2012

A Few New Lululemon Tanks!

I totally splurged during the upload on Tuesday and bought 5 tanks.  First and foremost, the Dance Strap tank!!!  If you've been reading my blog for a while, then you must know how I obsess about this tank time and time again.  And I can't pass on such a pretty color as aquamarine in it.  Just. Not. Humanly. Possible.

I mean, look at it!  Drool.... I'll make these images extra large:





I couldn't believe my eyes when I woke up on Tuesday morning, checked my phone and saw the email from Lululemon showing the return of this tank!!!  Beyond excited.  I actually bought it while I was still laying in bed.

I read that it is now made of luxtreme instead of the old lullure.  With the old tank, I could wear both size 4 and 6, there really wasn't that big of a difference in the body, but the size 6 has bigger cup size and slightly less low-cut.  So I figured that maybe luxtreme would fit tighter, and I should probably order a size 6 and not look so scandalous in it.  But it's actually bigger than the older version!  Just to prove I'm not crazy, I took a picture.  



So the top army colored one is size 4, middle one is size 6 and the bottom one is the newest size 6 in aquamarine.  The size 4 and 6 in the older make aren't that different in length or width.  But the newest one is more than an inch wider and longer than the old size 4.  And luxtreme is not as heavy as lullure, so when I cinch it (I always wear this tank cinched), it creates kind of an air bubble under the material which I'm not a fan of.  The chest of the new tank fits a little bit looser than the older size 6, with slightly bigger cups as well but it's not a big difference.

I have already placed an order online for size 4 right after I tried it on.  I think it will fit me better.  Thank God it's not sold out yet.  I'll keep the 6 around until I receive the 4 just in case.  Because I definitely want this tank.

I also got 2 new Practice Freely tanks!  One in lavender dusk and one in aquamarine/discover stripe.







I love my paris pink Practice Freely tank, but I think since it is so bright I can't repeat it too much.  So I didn't mind adding 2 more.  I really like lavender dusk in person, it is more saturated than the web photo.  It looks more purple in person to me.  I'm definitely keeping it.  The tags actually fell off as I was trying it on, so I guess I have to keep it anyway lol.  When I got my No Limit tank in coal/lavender, I wished it had a lavender body instead.  And then when the reverse No Limit tank did come out, I somehow missed it again even though a super awesome reader had actually emailed me to let me know!  I don't know how that happened.  So now I am very glad I have a similar style tank in lavender dusk.

I thought I would love the aquarine/discover stripe one, but the front is completely see-through!  I thought it might be a little bit, since you can kind of see the bra pattern underneath on the web model.  But it is way more obvious in person.  I don't know how I feel about that.  I think I might return it.

And lastly, I bought the Power Y tank and a Cool Racerback both in Discovery Stripe.  I couldn't decide which one to get so I got both, with the intention of returning one.  I really don't need both in the same pattern.  

After trying them on, I am definitely keeping the Power Y.  I haven't bought a Power Y in a long time, and I think this tank just looks better in Power Y.  Or maybe because the Power Y I got has a better pattern distribution.  I also didn't really think about this before, but I can really only wear my white Flow Y bra under the Cool Racerback.  Other colors I have don't match the pattern and will make it too too busy.  So this was an easy decision for me.



I really like how the chest area of the Power Y is mostly deep indigo and aquamarine.  I don't like the thin white stripes across the chest on the cool racerback.  Plus, the stripes don't stay straight on it.  It looks like this on me:



Whereas the Power Y stripes lay straight:



I really like the discover stripe pattern.  I think I might have to buy some deep indigo bottoms to go with it.  That would look really good.  Even my husband likes this pattern!  Usually when I ask him what he thinks of my tanks, he says "it's ok", or "sure it's cute" nonchalantly, or "it looks like everything else you have".  But when he saw the discover stripe he said he really liked it and that I should keep it!

I am now also thinking that maybe I should return my Flow and Go tank, since it is quite pricey for what it is - I can't wear it to most workouts.  But I need to make that decision soon since I believe tomorrow will be the end of my 2 week return period.

Anyway, I'm very excited about my new tanks!  Can't wait to wear them!

14 comments:

  1. I also thought to be crazy with the sizes, because I change size. I didn't understand but if you also have a size problem then fine or else we are two crazy girls;)
    I love your lavender Practice Freely tank!! but i don't like your Cool Racerback with the Discover Stripes: scratches are too big for me.
    good WE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yep I do fluctuate sizes depending on the style and sometimes even fabric. Wish they could be more consistent!

      Delete
    2. How many hours of sport for a week do you do?

      Delete
    3. Well I don't really do any sports right now. I only go to the gym usually 5 times a week, about 45 min - an hour each time. And the rest of the time I just sit around at work/home. Hahaha

      Delete
  2. I thought of your blog when I saw that these were online - so I had to get one (ok, two) to try them out. Just when I thought I was out, they keep pulling me back in!

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get the aqua and indigo striped one? This tank is awesome, you wont regret it! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow lavender dusk looks pretty!

    I ended up ordering the discover stripe CRB but it won't be here till the end of next week! I'm hoping that I'll like the distribution of stripes on it, because they all seem to be a little different.... although yours looks just like thte web photo!

    I'm planning on pairing it with the black speed shorts that have the aquamarine accents on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds cute! The only navy bottoms I have are my blue denim wunder unders from years ago. I hope you get a better pattern distribution!!

      Delete
  4. Be careful with the Discovery Stripes. I hear they are bleeding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. So tired of hearing about bleeding issues in every color lately! Well, I wore the Power Y today during a sweaty workout and there was no bleeding... Hope it stays that way!

      Delete
  5. I love all the new tanks! I was trying to decide between the Discover stripe CRB and Power Y too and even though I'm so much more a fan of CRBs (I wear them every day - under work clothes, around the house, sleep, running, gym... I'm usually wearing one!!) but I think this tank just looks nicer as a Power Y. The navy trim is so pretty! I think I would have liked the CRB better if it had the contrast trim.

    Thanks for the reviews- it helped me decide which to get!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear CRBs for everything too! I was surprised it was such an easy decision to pick the Power Y. I hadn't thought of it until you mentioned, the navy trim does make a difference! The trim on the CRB doesn't line up with the rest of the stripes on the body which is prob why it looks more busy.

      Delete
  6. Wore my used and washed hot pink power y tank with my new white pace skirt today for a workout and the pink bled onto my skirt! :(. Won't be wearing that combo agan but hopefully the sun will lift out the stain that oxyclean and washng couldn't! No bueno!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are grateful for your dedication to the team and company. Thank you for sharing your honest feedback about the project.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...