Saturday, January 29, 2011

Missing the Not So Deep V

This morning I went out for a run after I woke up, and I decided to wear my Not So Deep V bra in caribe and my teal zeal Inspire pullover.





I normally like to wear contrasting colored bra and top for a pop of color, so I never thought of wearing these two together.  But this morning I felt I really needed a high support bra, so this was the first time I ever wore them together.  The bra actually works pretty well under the pullover!  The prettiest part of the bra shows through if I let the pullover zip all the way down.

P.S. - I don't mean to show my cleavage, but the Not So Deep V really brings it out!

P.P.S. - Why is this bra called "Not So Deep V" when the V is actually pretty deep??  LOL!



And I also couldn't help noticing how similar the old caribe was to the static teal zeal.


Anyway, that's beside the point.  What I rememebered when I was running today was how awesome this bra really is!  It had been a while since I wore this bra.  I normally grab my Flow Y bras nowadays.  So this one was tucked in the back bottom of the drawer.  But it's a really flattering, super high support bra that looks good and performs well.  I love the mesh layered look in the front.  I'm so sad that I sold my other one!  What was I thinking?  I then also started to miss my Athletic Deep V tanks.  I used to have 5 or 6 of those in different colors but have sold them all as well.  Maybe because they pushed my boobs out so well, but I felt that they made me look too cougarish.  Like if I was a 30-40 year old house wife in Beverly Hills, they would probably be perfect for me.  Hahaha.  How silly of me.  I should have kept one or two!  It was a really flattering tank, and one of a few that was short enough to show the waist band of my pants.   

So here's to hoping that both the bra and the tank will make a come back soon!


8 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite running bras for days I want more support then the Flow Y, especially now that my Flow y's are feeling a bit big. I have one in the silky purple material but if I saw this Caribe one on the exchange in my size I would snatch it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh silky purple sounds gorgeous! I used to have the india ink one but I sold it. =( The Flow Y works for me most of the time for running because I don't have a large chest, but I can still feel some bouncing. The Not So Deep V really holds the girls in place. Maybe I will start stalking ebay or the exchange for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that I am in your 'cougar' category....how old are you ;)? I never have owned any of the deep v stuff....my chest looks too 'on display' . Very cute look, though! I like the teal zeal inspire :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol ok maybe I exaggerated that age cateogory.. probably should move it up 10 years. I'm 27 now so not too far away from being in my own "cougar" category! Hmm though when I sold those tanks I was like 25. Lol. But yes those tanks definitely put you on display, that was what I meant by too "cougarish". =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Word is the the Athletic Deep V Tank might be coming back this Spring. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss this bra and the tanks too!! I recently dug out my old Athletic Deep V tanks and sadly they are too big (or maybe that’s a good thing? Yay for Crossfit!) I really hope the rumors are true and they are making a comeback. If so, I hope the new incarnations are longer in the body. The only reason why I hated wearing the Athletic Deep V for running is that it would ride up and it felt like it exposed my tummy (maybe it was more a mental thing.) An extra inch or so in the body would be great; I love the length of the CRB.

    BTW I love reading your blog. Found it a few months ago and check back regularly for updates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My yoga teacher was wearing the Athletic Deep V today.. an older one, it's purple and one side of the chest has leaves print on it. The other side is solid. So cute! I hope they come back in a nice print like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kate! I like the length of my Cool Racerbacks too, but I really like how the Athletic Deep Vs were just the right length to show the waist bands of my pants when I moved around. I also liked the ipod pocket on the back, when I used my iphone as an ipod at the gym, I really liked wearing those tanks because I could walk around without holding the phone in my hands!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...