Thursday, January 6, 2011

DEPT Long Sleeve Knit Top

My purchase from Hautelook that I made before the new year has finally arrived! The DEPT Long Sleeve Knit Top.  I've bought this brand from Hautelook before, and they do have cute stuff that fit really well.  However, I don't believe their quality is top notch, as one of the buttons on the sweater dress I bought already fell off after one wear.  Lol.  Oh and another dress has been hanging in my closet, I've never worn it, but somehow the sleeve tore a little hole.  Like really?  It's a very thin and fragile material but still.  Good news is, I fixed it with clear nail polish!  Not sure what will happen if I ever wear it and need to wash it though...

I thought I was done with this brand, but when I saw this top I thought it was really cute and interesting... and only $20 (original price $81).. so I thought I'd take a gamble at it and bought it.



I can say that I don't have anything that looks like this top.  It's kind of hippie, kind of tribal.  I was happy to find when it arrived that it looks pretty much exactly like the pictures show.  The color was exactly what I expected, and the fit on me was very similar to the fit on the model.  This one's material seems better too.  It's a thicker fabric.  I like the fit, as it's somewhat looser around the tummy and very comfortable.  You can adjust the opening of the neck line because it's got the drawstring all the way across and you can cinch it at the position you like. Like this...



So you can wear it off the shoulder, or not.  It's cool.  I think this would be a good top to throw on after yoga class or something.  And also be cute to go out to lunch, or shopping, or whatever...

The smocked hem and sleeve details are interesting.


So all in all, I'm happy with this top.  It's just a fun top to look at.  I don't think I'll be wearing this a lot, but I like to have different options to choose from.  I just hope nothing mysterious happens to it while it's hanging up in my closet!  So far I don't see any buttons or fragile material that can be lost or ripped so we're good there. 

2 comments:

  1. I like the look of this top, but would be worried it would be falling off the shoulder constantly. I have a black top similar to this, but it doesn't have the option to adjust the neck. As a result, it falls off my shoulders and I never wear it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually like the falling off the shoulder look either because I find it bothersome. But you can tie the neck so that it will stay up. It will be a smaller opening than the model has it in the pictures. But it covers the bra straps so that's probably the only way I'd wear it. Unless I layer it over a work out top then I can completely let it fall off one shoulder. Have to play with it and see!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...