Saturday, October 9, 2010

Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite

When I was traveling last week, I forgot my beloved Philips Sonicare toothbrush at one of the hotels.  It was so devastating for me, as I had been using that toothbrush for almost 5 years (switched heads many times of course).  I had forgotten how to use a regular toothbrush!  And I just don't feel like my teeth are as clean after using the regular toothbrush.

The one I lost was the Elite series, which I'm not sure if they still make.  I liked it a lot, but I guess it was getting old even though it was still in perfect condition.  The only thing I didn't like about it was that the place where the handle and brush head connected had a little "pocket", which over time had this black gunk build up, almost mold like.  Presumably from moisture, and whatever dental bacteria that I don't even want to think about.  So it became an every couple week ritual to take off the brush head and try to get the gunk out of the pocket.  Because of the hard edges in there, some of the black stuff just never came out of the corners.  I've even tried pouring bleach or liquid soap into this pocket and letting it sit all day.  Still the gunk was very persistent and I was never able to get it completely out.  So gross. 

So I got the Sonicare HealthyWhite today.  I was so glad to find out that they've taken care of the gunk problem!  Now they've made the handle connector part flat, and the brush head just connects to the handle by a little needle stick thingy.  So there is no place for the gross stuff to reside!  Yay!  Glad to see they've made improvements in the past 5 years.  Hehe.


I got the premium package so I got 2 brush handles, 3 brush heads, a charger with a UV cleaner, a travel charger, and 2 travel cases, all for $170 something!  I think it's a pretty good deal considering the price for one brush and one head with one charger (without UV cleaner or case) is $120.  So I gave the second set to my boyfriend (I'm such a nice girlfriend!).  I also looked at the Sonicare FlexCare and FlexCare+ series, which have pretty good reviews.  But the HealthyWhite premium package was the best deal I could find.  I figure they are probably not all that different anyway.

The HealthyWhite series come with either a 2 mode brush or 3 mode.  I got the 3 mode, and they are regular, sensitive, and whitening.  Good to have options.  On the Philips website, they claim that you will have whiter teeth in 2 weeks.  We shall see about that.  Maybe I'll take a before and after pic.  I could always use whiter teeth! 

I'm very happy with this toothbrush so far.  Maybe losing my old one was a blessing in disguise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...