Thursday, September 23, 2010

Yummy Shake Recipe

I had the best shake at the 101 coffee shop in Hollywood.  So I've been copying it.  It sounds like a weird combo of ingredients, but so so good!


It consists of peanut butter, honey and vanilla ice cream!  It's funny that my boyfriend is a huge fan of peanut butter, I mean like the biggest ever, and he thought the ingredients sounded kinda weird so he didn't go for this shake when we were at the coffee shop.  I like peanut butter, but am not crazy about it.  But for some reason I decided to give it a try.  Probably because I was intrigued!  It turned out to be the best shake ever!  He agrees too, and deeply regretted not ordering it hehe.

It's very easy to recreate too.  I eyeball everything so I don't know the exact measurement.  I just take a couple spoonfuls of creamy peanut butter, add some vanilla almond milk (my current obsession), a few tablespoons of honey, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Add some ice, blend everything together, and that's it!  To be honest you don't really taste the honey, so it probably would taste the same even if you just used peanut butter and vanilla ice cream.  I guess this is a high cal drink.  But at least peanut butter and honey have beneficial nutritional value, if you don't go overboard with the excess calories.  Can't really say the same about vanilla ice cream though lol.  But hey, I will never lose the ability to enjoy some ice cream once in a while!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, vanilla ice cream has calcium and vitamin D :) That recipe sounds pretty good!

    What do you use for your smoothies/shakes? We have this fantastic hand-held immersion blender (Cuisinart?) that does smoothies so quickly, but I'm not sure that I should be blending ice with it. My other options include a small food processor and a cheap $20 blender from Target from about 6 years ago.

    I have seen a lot of recipes for smoothies involving ice cubes, but I've just been leaving them out as to not destroy my small kitchen appliances. Or I throw them in after my smoothie is blended and just swirl the cup around every couple minutes so that the smoothie is staying cold. I think I'm in the market for some kind of new ice-blending device.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you are right about the vanilla ice cream! I do find that convincing myself certain (un)healthy things are actually good for me makes me feel better! Hehehe

    I have a mid-range blender - I can't remember what brand, but it was around $200 retail. Though I got it on sale when this store was closing down so I paid around $50. I used to have a $19 blender before this one and let me tell you, you really get what you pay for! LOL! This one works great, I've never had problems with ice cubes - I put them in all my smoothies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making this shake tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, good with almond butter and frozen yogurt too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...