Sunday, May 16, 2010

Amandine Patisserie

I went to Sunday brunch today at this place down the street that I've never been to before - Amandine Patisserie.  It's on Wilshire among a little row of restaurants.  Always looked super cute from the outside with the big glass windows and outdoor seating with cute umbrellas and vines.  It's also a pretty trendy place, I think the girls from The Hills have gone there.


It was very crowded when I first got there.  A long line of people waiting to order.  We saw an open table and had to grab it right away while the other one stayed in line to order.  I guess there is a lot more seating if you walk around the corner to the back of the cafe, but we didn't venture that far.

They were serving both breakfast and lunch, and I noticed that they didn't have too many varieties of breakfast - pretty much just different french toast and omelets.  We got the Florentine Omelet which has muchroom, spinach and cheese.  Also got the California Omelet which has tomato, avocado and cheese.  I guess we could have added some chicken or ham but we didn't realize at the time.  We wanted some orange juice but they didn't have any which is weird.  The price is very "LA", at $25, but we are all used to that here!

While we were waiting for them to bring us the food, I was kind of disappointed and wishing I had gone somewhere else, because the omelet didn't sound that exciting.  But when the food came, it was so good!  The ingredients were so fresh, and cooked to perfection.  The omelets were a pretty good portion and came with side fruits, 2 pieces of toast, and potato au gratin.  We wolfed down our food so fast!  I saw many people sipping on their big mugs of coffee which looked really good, but we were kind of in a hurry and I decided I didn't need the additional calories anyways.  But next time I go I'd like to sit outside and hang out for a while!


Mmmm looks good.

This place is known for their dessert and pastries, but I couldn't eat anymore!  The cakes did look amazing and I was very tempted to stuff myself.  Here are some pictures I stole from their Yelp page.


I couldn't help but get some yummy looking chocolate scones to go, and they were yummy for sure!!


Glad I found a new place nearby!  Can't wait to go back and try different things next!  I really want a quiche, it's been so long since I last had one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...