Friday, May 14, 2010

100th Blog!! Plantain Chips & Raspberry Yogurt Pretzels

Wow can't believe I've hit triple digits with my blog postings, time sure flies!  =)

I was in a bad mood tonight because it took me 2 hours to get home from work due to Friday evening traffic!!!  I commute from downtown LA to the west side which is only about 10 miles.  So it was absolutely ridiculous even for LA standards.  Going west is against traffic, so it's not usually so bad.  Maybe takes 30-45 minutes, but 2 hours...!!!

So I walked over to Whole Foods after I got home and was rather inclined to get some junk food.  I've loved the plantain chips from Trader Joe's - the roasted and salted kind that's cut like banana chips, not the sweetened longer kind.  But they stopped carrying them!!  So I had been looking for the same ones forever.  I guess I should have looked at Whole Foods sooner.  But tonight was the first time I'd seen them there.  Yay!!!
 
 

They are soooo good and addicting!  I could finish the whole box of it in one sitting - and that's just what I did tonight.  Well my boyfriend did his fair share too, but it was definitely a calorie splurge regardless.  I wish I had another box of it though lol.  The thing is, obviously Whole Foods prices are on the high side - they don't call it "Whole Paycheck" for nothing!  So for the same chips they are more than double the price of the Trader Joe's ones.  That is why I love Trader Joe's!!  Too bad they discontinued carrying these.  I have to remember to ask someone about it next time I go there.  I've heard that sometimes they bring items back if customers request it.

While I was grabbing the chips, I also saw the Raspberry Yogurt Covered Pretzels.  I've always been a fan of regular yogurt covered pretzels, but have never had raspberry flavored ones.  I really just wanted to try one and see how it tasted.  But obviously I couldn't just break the box open and take one so I had to buy it!  It's very very delicious too.  Sweeter than the regular yogurt covered ones.  And obviously has the raspberry flavor.  I like!  I think I will have to go back and get more later.


They are cuter too in this pinkish color!  The ones I got are a very faint pink, not as dark as the ones pictured above.  I wish they weren't so high cal - 7 pieces for 200 calories is a lot!  I've been splurging on my calories way too much this week.  Better work out hard this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...