Friday, February 26, 2010

zChocolat.com

 

My boyfriend got me some expensive ass chocolate from France on zchocolat.com (so sweet of him!).  15 pieces for like $100... lol.  I normally don't believe in spending tons of money on chocolate, but I think this one is definitely more interesting than say Godiva, or something.  

So apparently, they are all hand made chocolates by Pascal Caffet - a world champion chocolatier.  According to the description, they are chocolate of the puriest form - low in sugar, with no preservatives, no artificial coloring, no alcohol and 100% pure coca butter.  Ok this is a big selling point for me, because I love chocolate and hate all the chemicals and sugar that come with it.  People now believe chocolate is good for you - yes they are, but in the pure cocoa bean form, not the processed form that adds tons of sugar and who knows what else.  So if I can enjoy my guilty pleasure with minimal consequences to my waistline, then I'm all for it!!!  I guess that's where the premium price comes in, however.

I asked my boyfriend why he spent so much money buying me such a little box of chocolate.  He said they seemed bigger on the website.  Lol... that is true, they do look much bigger.  In person, my box of 15 is a 4 inch by 2 inch little box.  Each chocolate is about half an inch in length and width.  I guess good things come in small packages.  LOL!  I just noticed on their site though, that you can buy refills for your box.  So I guess if I want to order more from now on, I can get a refill for a pack of 15 for $30.  Much more acceptable though still expensive.

ZChocolat.com has a very nice website.  It's very fancy with all the flash stuff, and shows off all their collections.  Looks like their chocolate comes in packages of 4 pc, 9 pc, 15 pc, 30 pc, 45 pc, 60 pc, etc. etc.  Price ranges from $30 something to $500ish.  The $500 one comes in a huge wooden box with multiple tiers.  Nice!!!  It looks like all their collections come in very nice wooden crafted boxes, or some other nice packaging.  Definitely the old school luxurious feel.  They also include a very nice card with your personalized message printed on.  Each chocolate is numbered.  I got the 15 piece so they have the numbers from Z to 15.  I guess Z is their trademark chocolate.  It's a soft, sweet and salty caramel and a crunchy praline made from Piedmont hazelnuts.  Yum.

I've been eating these very slowly, because I feel like I should savor them since they are special.  But I just read on the booklet thingy that came with it that they are meant to be consumed within 2 weeks.  I've already had them for a week, plus took them a few days to ship here (they shipped internationally super fast - took 2 days to get to LA from France!!!).  Oops.  I guess the whole no preservative thing... I need to finish them all in the next few days, definitely don't want these to go to waste!  Also, it says no refrigerator.  Hmm... I usually refrigerate my chocolate because I feel like they taste better cold.  But I haven't thrown these in the fridge yet.  I'm glad I didn't!  Apparently that is not the proper way to store nice chocolate lol.

Ok so I have eaten #Z, # 4, #7 and #12.  I must say that each one had a flavor very very unique from anything I've had before and different from each other.  For example, #4 is toasted sesame seeds in a Valencia almond praline made of finely ground caramelized almonds and white chocolate.  YUM!  OMG that was soooo good.  It was white chocolate shell with that sesame almond praline filling.  Amazing.  #7 was hazzelnut praline infused with coffee ganache with dark chocolate, and #12 was coriander praline in milk chocolate.  The other interesting ones include lemon ganache, pistachio praline, and Venezuelan dark chocolate ganache, to name a few.

Can't wait to try the rest!  While pricey, these are definitely enjoyable to eat!  I guess you can have your choice of only ordering your favorite flavors too.  Great!  Ok maybe I will go eat one more now.  I'm thinking the pistachio flavor.....

...............

Ok just ate it.  OMG SOOOO GOOD!!!  I love this flavor!  So different and delicious!  I'm officially in chocolate heaven...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...