Monday, February 22, 2010

Laura Mercier Waterproof Mascara

I went to Sephora yesterday to get a new mascara because I'm tired of mine.  I'm extremely indecisive, and after comparing many products, I decided on the Laura Mercier Waterproof Mascara

 
I had never used any Laura Mercier mascara before, but I've used other Laura Mercier products.  Such as Silk Crème Foundation which I've been using for years.  So I know that this is a nice brand that makes nice products.  

I was mainly deciding between the NARS Larger Than Life mascara and the Christian Dior Black Out mascara.  I had never used NARS mascara, but I've used their eye shadows which are amazing.  But their mascaras are not waterproof, and even though they are supposed to be smudge free, I just really would prefer a waterproof mascara.  I've used a few different Dior mascaras before.  They are pretty good in the beginning, the go on thick and give the dramatic eye opening look.  But they tend to dry out super fast.  So after maybe 2 weeks or so, the brush becomes clumpy and dry, and very hard to apply.  For $25-30 or whatever, it's not really a good product.  NARS mascara is about the same price.  Laura Mercier is priced lowest at $20.  So I figured I would give it a try.

I used it today and was pretty happy with it.  It went on super smooth and easy.  I only had to apply one coat and I could notice a big difference.  Definitely a time saver!  It was smooth all the way from the root to the end, no clumps whatsoever!  And I think it did make my lashes look longer even though it's not a lengthening mascara.  The tip of the brush is skinnier so it made it easy to apply to the lower lashes and the lashes in the corner of the eye.  Of course since it's waterproof, there were no smudges.  Taking it off was easy enough, but I think you would definitely need a good eye makeup remover.  I use the Shu Uemura Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/O and it's an amazing product for removing facial as well as eye makeup.  But I had to rub a little bit for it to come off completely, especially from the lower lashes.  So if you didn't have a good product, I would imagine it would be very hard to take off completely.  Well, let's hope this mascara won't clump up in 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...