Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Express Sleeveless Shift Dress

 

Ok so the Express Sleeveless Shift Dress is like the cutest dress ever!  I tried it on over the weekend thinking that it was going to be a somewhat cute but boring work dress.  But was so surprised to find that the fit is SO flattering!  I couldn't believe my eyes.  I never would have expected Express could have something this cute!  I mean I shop there a lot for work stuff, but I never have super high expectations for them since the quality of their stuff is not too great... I've bought pants that came with one leg unhemmed or seams diagonally across instead of straight up and down.  But this dress was perfect!  It made my waist look tiny and curves out nicely around the hips - the perfect hourglass figure!  The material of this dress is thick (kind of like thick sweat pant material) but soft and stretchy.  So it hides all the imperfections, stays its shape very well (which probably contributes to the perfect hourglass figure) and at the same time very very comfortable.  I had to buy it, even though I don't normally buy things at full price there.  It's priced at $69.5 which isn't bad.  I also had a 50% off coupon, so it turned out to be cheap for me anyways.

It came in the nice dark gray color as shown above, which I bought, and also in black.  I tried on size XS and XXS.  I find that I usually fluctuate between these 2 sizes at Express.  Well, the dress is pretty stretchy, so both sizes fit.  The XXS is very fitted and shows everything.  So I got the XS, which is still fitted, but not as skin tight.  I think it's a better fit and looks more classy especially if I want to wear it to work.

I actually think I could wear this dress outside of work as well, like to a cocktail party or out to dinner.  It might just be one of the most flattering dresses I own!  I like the modest length - falls right above my knees.  I also like how the back is covered, since all my other dresses have open backs.  This gives me a more conservative option.  The chest area fits very well without showing too much cleavage.  The shoulders have very thin padding so they stay in place well and make the shoulders look straighter.  I read the product reviews on Express.com about this item and some people have said that the shoulder paddings tend to make the shoulders of the dress stand up on their own away from their shoulders, sometimes 1-2 inches higher.  I did not have this problem though. 

Anyway, I wore it all day today and loved it.  At the end of the day, it was a little wrinkly across the hips, since I was sitting a lot.  But not bad.  I'm now considering going back to Express and getting the same dress in black.  Then it will be the perfect little black dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...