Tuesday, February 2, 2010

CPK Chicken Tequila Fettuccine

 

I went to downtown LA today for a meeting and stopped by California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) for lunch.  It had been a long time since I last went to CPK.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they now provide full nutritional value for all their menu items.  Including calories, fat, sodium, protein, etc. etc.  Of course my favorite thing from CPK that I always get is the Chicken Tequila Fettuccine, and it said the calories contained in the full order is about 1500.  Ughhhhh... of course!  More than a whole day's calorie intake all in one meal!  Not to mention about 1300 mg of sodium.  But 36 g of protein though.  I stopped reading the rest of it because I was scared what I would find out.

Well, I was hungry so I got it.  I guess this is why you should eat every 2.5 - 3 hours, so you will never be that hungry and make unhealthy choices.  But what can I say, I was in a meeting all morning, and definitely couldn't sneak out to have a snack!  Plus, it had been at least 6 months since I last had it, I missed it.  Though I briefly considered ordering a salad, I noticed that many salads had equivalent or even more calories than the pasta dish.  Of course I could have ordered a half, which is still HUGE at CPK.  But it just didn't sound that appetizing on a relatively chilly day.  

Well I must say my Chicken Tequila Fettuccine was definitely worth the calorie splurge!  It was awesome.  As good as I remembered.  Creamy, spinach fettuccine with just the right amount of onions, bell peppers, and of course chicken.  Yum.  I ate the whole thing.  

I immediately felt super tired afterwards.  I wish I could have taken a nap instead of going back to work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...